[Post Voting Plugin] Post voting doesn't seem to be working correctly..

User will try to 'vote' but then won't capture and/or update — sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't — very inconsistent, and only on some pages without updates…odd?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dr48,

I’m sorry to hear that Post Voting Plugin is not working correctly on your site.

I checked it and I was able to replicate this issue on on of the posts. During voting there I could see there is error on browser console showing so it very possible it is preventing plugin from working.

I can see that you have Hummingbird enabled – can you try deactivating assets optimization and see if then voting will be possible? (if you still have staging site and the issues shows also there I would suggest testing it there first)

I have also tested plugin on my site and I wasn’t able to observe any issues while voting.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Dr48
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Kasia,

Thank you for that — i was having another issue and deactivated asset optimization and it resolved — however, when testing user votes, it doesn’t seem to be working correctly still — users still can ‘vote’ on the page and the vote ‘loads’ but then nothing happens i.e. vote number doesn’t change nor does the user vote history [note: currently testing on live site will make staging copy shortly] — thank you!

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Dr48 !

Hope you are having a great day!

If that is not the case, I’d firstly assume it is a different plugin/multiple plugins/the theme conflicting with the Post Voting plugin and causing the error in the browser console. In this scenario, would you be able to back the site up or create a cloned staging site and run a plugin/theme conflict test in order to determine if that is the case? The basic concept is to temporarily disable all the plugins except Post Voting plugin (and WPMU DEV Dashboard), switch to a default WordPress theme and check if the issue still persists. If it doesn’t, please enable all plugins and the theme one after another to see activating which brings back the issue. This handy flowchart can help you do a full plugin/theme conflict test.

Hope this helps. We’ll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Nahid

• Dr48

Hi there Nahid!

Thank you for the suggestion — i ran a conflict test but couldn’t find fault, also switched themes, and everything seemed fine; i couldn’t pick up where the error was coming from?

Any ideas/further suggestions would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you again.

• Dr48

Thank you Oguz,

I’m having issues troubleshooting the issue — the behaviour seems ‘fine’ during plugin conflict test — I and I couldn’t find where a plugin could have been interfering — testing the Post Vote plugin each time — so, essentially — I don’t know where the issue is occurring.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Oguz
    • QA Engineer

Hey Dr48 ,

Hope you’re well.

You should deactivate all plugins and test again for plugin conflict test. If it solves then you should activate all plugins one by one. Once you activate one plugin you should test Post Voting plugin again. So when you replicate the problem, we can understand the latest activated plugin causing the issue.

Did you try like that?

Cheers,

Oguz

• Dr48

Dear Oguz,

Yes, this was tried — one by one — but I couldn’t find an anomaly — so I’m a little confused to be honest; users could vote, but what was found users can only ‘ever’ vote once for something (okay) though appears a bit odd — any other suggestions?

Thank you again for all of your help!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Dr48

Hope all is well!

Would you please send to us credentials to your staging site where we could run few tests to find out the issue? Please note that we will deactivate all plugins.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– Login URL

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant URLs

Looking forward to your email!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Dr48

Dear Nastia,

Thank you so much and my apologies for the delay — I couldn’t see where the issue was coming from after doing a confict test, with some users having success and others not — but then at times was perfectly fine. It was a little confusing, however I’ve decided to skip using this plugin for the time being to be safe.

Thank you for your help, and guidance, it has been greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.