Post Voting Statistics doesn't work

Hiya,

Post voting working normally but statistic not working.I added picture

Is there any solution?

Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

That’s odd. It’s working on sub-sites of my install (activated site by site as well).

Can we get a low down on this installation? Versions of everything and anything coming up in the PHP error logs?

*Edit* is it working on the front end? I found an install where this wasn’t working on the front end or admin, so want to confirm.

Thanks!

• Mustafa
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya,

Yep working on front end.

Error logs looks like this

Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/www/vhosts/sitename.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-post-votes/

script '/var/www/vhosts/sitename.com/httpdocs/setup.php' not found or unable to stat

Edit:I’m using multi-db,

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

All blogs on your network should be using one table. Is it perhaps possible that Multi-Db created multiple tables (one per each blog with plugin activated) in separate tables? Can you please check your global database (using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool) to see if there is any data in the global table?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

You are totally right about Google Maps plugin, that’s how it works. The Post Voting, however, works differently and records all votes into one database table. That makes some nice features possible, like network integration on different levels.

As for the issue, I suspect there are multiple tables created for your blogs, which wouldn’t be an obvious problem for voting (the data would be recorded, as *a* table exists for it – whether it’s *the* table we need is a different matter). I’m working on setting up a similar environment and debugging this issue, which will, hopefully, allow us to also re-merge your voting data successfully.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I have managed to reproduce the exact same behavior in a similar environment, and I think I have also found a fix for statistics display issue. Could you please try to upgrade to the attached plugin version and see if it solves the problem for you?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Thank you so much for you patience and help with this! The new fix is released in the official release (v2.0.2, just released). However, if by separate DBs support you meant separate tables (like Google Maps plugin), it’s not an easy thing to do and much of the plugin would have to be rewritten. Also, a lot of the functionality wouldn’t be possible after that – all of the network related stuff wouldn’t work at all. Even though some of it could be brought back by integrating the plugin with Post Indexer (this is what we do for Google Maps network functionality), it would be far from ideal and just wouldn’t work as nicely on network as it does now. For these reasons, the plugin will be sticking to the one table approach.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.