Posts are redirecting to ads in Opera

When my site is viewed in Opera browser with In Post Ads activated, the post loads and then quickly redirects to one of the ads (i.e. one of the in post ad post that I have set up).

As far as I know, this problem is only apparent in Opera Browser. I have also tested IE, FF, & Chrome.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have had to turn ads off on the sites as it is putting my adsense account in jeopardy. The plugin is displaying ads on pages that do not have any content but the ad, (when the visitor is using Opera browser.

Please help.

  • Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

    Hello ArticleCK!

    I downloaded Opera and visited the page you enabled the Ad on your video and it does the same for me. But it also lets me use the back arrow to navigate back to the article.

    I've done some looking around and seems that Opera is not very Google Adsense friendly. It's been an issue for quite some time (I saw articles dating back to 2003!)

    I'll flag the developer on this as it's likely something that he will need to fix via code.

    Thanks for the heads up!

  • ArticleCK
    • Flash Drive

    This problem is no longer just affecting Opera browser, it is affecting Chrome (at least) too... It is also apparent when Adsense ads are not used. (so nothing to do with adsense, just dangerous to an adsense account).

    Can this please be fixed?

  • Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

    ArticleCK,

    Sorry for the delay, we are all in slow motion this week as we have some BIG projects in the works that you guys are going to LOVE

    Ve ususally doesn't respond until he has a fix for an issue, he's really great about looking into things first

    I'll send him a direct email to see if there is any progress :slight_smile:

    Thanks for being so patitent ! :slight_smile:

  • Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

    As you've taken it upon yourself to start another thread announcing your resolution to this issue I followed your lead and marked "Resolved".

    Are you returning here to pursue support for our pluign again? or simply to remind me that it's not "fixed"?

    In either case please know that trashing WPMUdev plugins and membership was a great way to get you noticed, and your issue was reported again to the developer immediately upon your creating this. Again, I'd like to reiterate that the developer for this plugin does not make it a habit to comment on threads until he actually has a solution. If you would rather him stop by to make you feel better that he really does know that you have a problem I can arrange that.

    I can understand you are frustrated. We are just as frustrated having to deal with a lapse in our usual chain of communication. Perhaps next time you can send an email to contact@wpmudev.org to express your frustration or get the attention of the folks who can actually help you, instead of complaining to other members how unhappy you are.

    I would be more than happy to continue to pursue the issue here. It seems that the scope of your problem has changed and that the plugin is now misbehaving in all browsers for you. I've done some preliminary searching but I'm amiss to waste either one of our time if you decide you want to proceed in another direction.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.