Posts imported with AutoBlog and deleted by me are imported again

Posts imported with AutoBlog and deleted by me are imported again, as many times as they are deleted. What can I do to avoid this problem? Thks for the help.

• Dimitris

Hey there Rodrigo Henrik,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

You can surpass this if you simply put your imported post into the Trash but not permanently delete it. Then, later in the future, if your feed URL doesn't contain the same post, you can safely remove it from Trash too.

Hope that was some help, feel free to post back here if more assistance is required!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rodrigo!

This would involve settings some kind of internal "cache" or similar mechanism to "permanently" store information of feed items that had ever been imported. That's most likely doable though I suppose it could be "logistically" quite complex as the plugin would not only need to store that data but also include some conditions on when and how to remove them and introduce some options for you to let you manage such a list.

At this point the "logic" behind is straightforward:

- plugin is fetching the feed
    - it checks if a post for particular item "physically" exists
    - if it does it skips the item (or overwrites it if you set it to)
    - if it does not, it creates it

So, if there's "physcially" no post for the item, plugin simply doesn't know that it has ever been imported.

That said, I suppose that could be doable - the way I explained above - but that would be a significant bit of totally new code in the plugin so there's no easy "patch" solution. Please feel free to post that idea as a separate thread in our "Features and Feedback" forum and if more members of our community will vote for it, I'm sure our developers will consider implementing it in one of the future versions of the plugin :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.