Posts not displaying

I am using the Studio theme and can't get any posts to appear for this widget. It's displaying here. I've gone thru the install instructions several times, what am I overlooking?

Also, am I correct that on a BP multisite there is no easy way to have this and other content show up in the sidebars of all new blogs?

Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

Have you also installed our Post Indexer plugin?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer

Check in the database for wp_site_posts and make sure the posts are there first of all. The post indexer will only grab new posts as they are published, older posts won't be automatically added to the table.

As far as making these appear in the sidebar of new sites by default. You could definitely do that with our New Blog Template plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

Let us know your setup for Global Posts and if you need any further assistance with this.

Thanks!

• Cosmo_McMoon
    • Flash Drive

Yes, that was installed. However, you hit the nail on the head, I wasn't aware that it wouldn't grab the most recent posts. A new test post showed up fine.

>Have you also installed our Post Indexer plugin?
    >The post indexer will only grab new posts as they are published, older posts won't be automatically added to the table.

That looks like a great way to have new users begin with a template set up just the way we want. I will check it out. No way to lock in any aspects of that, such that users couldn't change them, such as widgets? The alternative would be to hardcode in anything that was essential for us to display?

>As far as making these appear in the sidebar of new sites by default. You could definitely do that with our New Blog Template plugin:

Thanks very much

Chris

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Chris,

Yeah. You've got it.

No way to lock in any aspects of that, such that users couldn't change them, such as widgets? The alternative would be to hardcode in anything that was essential for us to display?

I'd recommend hard-coding it into the theme. The other solution would be to completely disable them from editing widgets (or just hiding that menu item) but then, what's the point of even having widgets if the user can't make edits?

Guess, I'm making the point for hard-coding in the stuff you don't want editable and then keeping widget areas open for items you want to give them some flexibility on.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.