Posts not showing up

My posts on my news page aren't showing up.

http://www.busseyhorwood.ca/news/

What should I do?

I check the Settings ... when I make the 'News' Page the posts page the page is just white.

• Rupok

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for asking. I checked your site and the theme seems to be a custom made theme. Just to make sure if this is specific to your current theme or not, can you please activate any default WordPress theme and check if the problem is still there? If no, then can you please contact theme developer regarding this issue? As this is a custom theme (I guess), I don't have any idea about how it was coded. I believe theme developer can tell you best as he developed this theme.

Can you please also do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting access. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and saw the issue live. As it is showing blank white page, there is definitely some fatal error which is causing this. Now to find that out, you need to enable debug mode. Can you turn on debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

And if you want us to work on your files and try to fix that issue for you, can you send me message with FTP access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - FTP Username
    - FTP Password
    - FTP Host
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please send them and confirm here when you are done sending. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Amanda,

I've got your email. But unfortunately, your FTP login credentials are not working. I'm getting this:

Status:       	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Command: 	USER ****************
    Response: 	331 Password required for busseyhorwood
    Command: 	PASS ****************
    Response: 	530 Login incorrect.
    Error:         	Critical error: Could not connect to server

Can you please check those and send us working credentials so we can login to your server and work on this? I'll jump in and will try to fix this for you if it's not too complex.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.