Posts on Homepage GridMarket

When I searched how to get posts to show on the Homepage of GridMarket, it was explained that one needed to change post_type=products to post_type=posts in home.php of FrameMarket. That file doesn't seem to exist in the version I have an wonder if someone can let me know how best to accomplish this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pali Baacsi,

By the way you described what was going on, I am assuming you are referring to blog posts rather then product posts?

After a bit of research I have come up with the answer to be "either it cannot be done":
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/making-latest-blog-post-as-home-page-in-gridmarket-theme

To indeed exactly the way you described you had done it.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gridmarketframemarket-a-page-of-blog-posts

So great job in figuring this out without having gone through the trouble the second poster went through nor accepting or thinking the way the former poster was told.

If it work do not fix it, then it may really be broken.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Thanks, Joe, for the followup and confirmation.

I'm wondering, then, if Marketpress is really just designed for its own site, which is what I've done in the past. Right now, however, I have a client who wants it attached to the main site, which makes it cumbersome to force a CMS on top of it.

What I am hearing then is that I should steer the client away from having marketpress installed on main site. Perhaps it says this somewhere, but I am wretched at reading long stretches of text. Perhaps that explains why I never finished my PhD!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pali Baacsi,

Indeed if I am personally developing a site that will have the front end as a blog and the back end so to speak as a store, I would personally create a sub domain to host the store within and then link it from the main site.

This also provides for easier troubleshooting in the event there is a problem with either the blog or the store. In addition, this allows plugins that could possibly conflict with either the store or the blog to not be placed or activated on the other :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback and thought provoking conversation.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.