Pre-Setup questions, 2 Year subscription, manual payment, 14 day trial

Hey there!

I have some question before i decide using Pro Sites.

#1 Can i create a 2 year subscription? I really need that.

#2 Manual Payment: What would be the best way to use manual payment? i've seen, that there's not really something to proceed, after clicking on any created level. So i guess i need to put a form, bank data or something like that into this manually, right?

Is this compatible whith "pay per blog"? so the blog isnt acessable if the payment isn't done? if yes, how should this be recognized with the manual payment?

#3 i would like to have a 14 day trial with a very limited acess. I think i will create a seperate level for this. After trial is over, does the client still have access? what happens after the 14 day trial?

Iam also looking at Paid Memberships Pro, which does the job pretty well except a few things and i would like to use Pro Sites, because i can combine it with all others of your plugins :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

• Jude

Hi there David

Hope you're doing great !!

1) This is not possible out of the box, will need a few lines of custom code to get done

2) Yup, manual payments are possible and you can add a field to allow for extra info like bank details. Also Prosites comes with a pay to blog addon so after the trial the site gets locked so you need to pay to continue

3) Yes you can have a trial. By default a paid site defaults to a free level at the end of the trial. If you have pay to blog active then it just locks down till you pay.

Hope this info helps

Cheers
    Jude

• Tom Whittaker

Well i have used pro site alot and after multi-db, i think its a must have plugin. in other for you to get 2 year subscription since you're accepting manual payment, maybe what you can do is after the person signup to use your system, you can manually change the date from the pro site table. NOTE: i have not tried that method before but it worth a try and make sure you make a backup first.

Let us know if that works for you.

• MapSteps

Hey Thomas,

thank you for your reply! I took a closer look at all options and definately made my choice to use ProSites instead of Paid Memberships Pro. A lot of things are really handled easier/better on ProSites.

Of course you are right, extending the Pro-Status manually is a good solution :slight_smile:
    Iam using manual payment, so i need to setup any status as "Pro-Status" manually anyway.
    So all this can be done in one go.

Thank you very much! Resolved! :slight_smile:

• Jude

@Thomas Whittaker Thanks for chipping in here :slight_smile:

Hey David

You may need to change the terms from 3 , 6 , 12 months to 6 , 12 , 24 months. Like I earlier said you'll need to edit bits of code to get this running smoothly.

wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites.php:

Alternately

A quick hack would be to simply modify the expire value in this table wp_pro_sites for all the blogs ( Maybe just add 1 year ).

If you're not comfortable editing the code yourself then consider our Jobs Board where you can find some good talent that can help you with this.

Cheers
    Jude

• MapSteps

Hey Jude,

i know i marked this as resolved, but some more question came up and i don't want to start a new thread.

1) Free Trial:
    Pro Sites comes along with a standard free subscription. I use pay to blog and set up a 7 day trial for new users - thats all fine.

Now i want these trial users to have very limited access. The common way to handle this, is setting up a new level and apply all the limitations (quotas, etc.) to that one as the "minimum level", isn't it?

BUT: this level should NOT be offered, its just there for limiting/testing purposes.
    So i guess i just don't list it on my checkout page, right?

Just wanted to know if this would sound like a common solution for all that :slight_smile:

2) Post/Page quotas:
    Its working fine for Posts/Pages while it has no effect on Media quota.
    Maybe i just understand this wrong, how is Media quota to use?

(logged in as a user with role -> editor):
    i CAN: upload several images to a post . and add them as post-thumbnail and in post itself.
    i CAN: upload several images to the media section.
    shouldn't this be limited if i set posts/pages quota to 1?

Where should i receive the message that too many "media" is uploaded?

3) Upload Quota:
    (still logged in as a user with role -> editor):
    Doesn't work, i still can upload as many images/etc. i want.
    I read somewhere else, that i need to be logged in as an admin.
    All my users have user-role -> editor

Thanks!
    Best, David

• Tom Whittaker

Hey David,
    Im going try to answer your question to the best of my understanding of the super cool plugin name Pro Sites.

Now i want these trial users to have very limited access. The common way to handle this, is setting up a new level and apply all the limitations (quotas, etc.) to that one as the "minimum level", isn't it?

The answer is yes. So if you have plan A,B,C. and A is minimum and C is maximum. So user A can only access A settings ,user with plan B , will have access to plan B and A. User with plan C ,will have access to plan A,B and C .

BUT: this level should NOT be offered, its just there for limiting/testing purposes.
    So i guess i just don't list it on my checkout page, right?

Just wanted to know if this would sound like a common solution for all that :slight_smile:

This is not an out-of-the-box solution, what ever plan you created it will automatically be shown at the checkout/plan page but as they always suggest that you can hire one of the developers to edit the pro site code but beware that if you make changes to the core code, when you update the plugin, all your changes WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE.

Maybe i just understand this wrong, how is Media quota to use?

The media quota and page/post quota is two different modules. With media upload space quota it is done at the settings of pro site where you select how much MB/GB a pro site level should have and each time a user upload a media file ex:pdf,images,videos etc.. it will substracts all of that contents from the initial setup. Ex:if you have setup 2MB for plan A. Each time a user with plan a upload an image , let say u upload a 1MB image, the 2MB will substract the 1MB which mean that in your dashboard you will see a message says you have 1mb remaining etc.. but wheb you used all of the 2MB, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UPLOAD ANYTHING AND the select/upload image link will display a message like this , you have used all your upload space please upgrade to plan B,C etc..

With post/pages after u set up how many post/pages a user with a particular plan can have then that modules will make sure that user with the plan have exactly that. Ex:user with plan A can only create two post, then the module will make sure that users with plan A can only make two post. Please note that in wordpress , new pages, blog posts, new products if you using woocommerce, THEY ARE ALL CONSIDERED TO BE POST, the only different is , is the type of post ex: a post type could be page, product, etc....

• MapSteps

Hi Thomas,

thank you for the clarification :slight_smile: You helped me out!

1) Everything works just fine, i solved it with another level for trial purposes.

2) Post/Page Quotas | Media Quotas
    While Post/Page Quotas limitations works great (set to 2 for posts/pages in my case), i can upload several images to a post, shouldn't the Media Quota limit this? I think i just understand something wrong right here :slight_smile:

3) Upload Quota
    Thank you, I just had wrong settings there, my fault. This is also working fine :slight_smile:

Have a great day! Thank you again Thomas!

Best, David

• Tom Whittaker

Hey @David,
    I glad it helped,

While Post/Page Quotas limitations works great (set to 2 for posts/pages in my case), i can upload several images to a post, shouldn't the Media Quota limit this? I think i just understand something wrong right here :slight_smile:

Nor the page/post , Media quota will limits you from adding additional images to a post. but you can take a look at this link below, i hope that will help you out a bit.
    http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/8107/limit-image-upload-to-one-and-disable-audio-video-and-other-document-file-types
    Let me know if it works.

• Jude

Hey Thomas

Whoa .. hope you not planning to put me out of a job soon :smiley: . Sent some points your way as a token of our appreciation.

Hey David

Glad its sorted and working great thanks to @Thomas Whittaker

Just a small tip as you're relatively new to our forums. Usually staff stop watching a thread once its resolved. The best way to get fast support here, is if you open a new ticket for a separate issue (or question) and that way someone always follows up, usually in less than an hour

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.