premium plugin moduke

hi,

I was wondering what the difference was between the premium plugins module and the premium plugins manager module? are there circumstances where one would be used over the other?

thanks

• Denitsa

Hey there Steve,
    I hope you're well!

The Premium Plugins module allows defining access to plugins based on Pro Sites levels. Like if you had three levels, 1, 2 and 3, assigning a plugin via the Premium Plugins to Level 2 would make that plugin available for Level 2 and Level 3.

The Premium Plugins Manager lets you explicitly assign selected plugins to selected levels. So, if you assigned a plugin to Level 2, it would only be available to that level and not Level 1 or Level 3.

Therefore, the Premium Plugins Manager lets you select the specific level for which the plugin should be available, while Premium Plugins lets you select the "minimum" level from which the plugin will be available and thus it becomes available for all the levels above the selected one (it's like you choose something like "Make available for all levels above and including this one ").

Therefore, how you should use them depends mainly on the functionality you want to achieve based on your site's level structure.

Hope all this makes sense. If I can help you further in this or other questions, please let me know!

All the best,
    Denitsa