Premium Plugins Auto Activate option doesn't work

Hello,

I have tested the pro sites module “Premium Plugins” on my site with 3 pro sites levels:

– basic – default plugins some network other site activated

– premium – here I’ve set 2 plugins with auto activate option

– complete – 1 plugin with auto activate

After upgrading to higher lever the plugins are not activated. I tested with manual upgrade and with Stripe (test mode).

Could you please check that out, I granted the access to my website.

Best regards,

Damian

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Damian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'd like to take a closer look at your setup in order to investigate the issue further so could you please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

– your site's WordPress admin login URL

– admin login and password (may be a temporary account)

– FTP credentials (hostname, username, password, port number if needed)

– any other relevant URLs and information

– link back to this thread

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Thanks,

Adam

• time4novelty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Adam,

I was testing a clean wpmu installation with pro sites, 2 levels and premium plugins module with auto activate option checked. I upgraded the site manually and the premium plugins are not activated.

It looks like the ‘auto activate’ feature doesn’t work at all. Can you replicate this issue?

Best regards,

Damian

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Damian

I hope you’re well today!

Really? I should make testing for you?

I apologize for any confusion Predrag’s question may have caused. Please understand however that this is was not about “making test for us”. This only means that the fix has been released with an upgrade and we would like you to check if it worked on your site as expected. That’s because although we do extensively test all fixes and new features, there’s no way to preform test on each and every existing server and WP configuration. And there are countless numbers of combinations around as we all know. I hope that’s an acceptable reason for such a question.

This is still not fixed like many others bugs I mentioned in other threads!

Just to make sure that we still are on the same side here: have you actually updated the plugin to its most current release and double-checked this? I understand that you did but this thread is not about “bugs mentioned in other threads” so I’d like to focus on that particular issue. Therefore, a confirmation and as much details on this would greatly help me as I’ll have to refer this to developers and look after their progress on this so we could solve this as soon as humanly possible!

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Adam

• time4novelty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm sorry, but after 2 months waiting I was totally confused with the answer: "there were some warning fixed in premium plugins manager…"

I created a new wpmu installation and confirm the auto activate option for premium plugins doesn't work. After I manually upgraded the site from basic to pro plan, the premium plugins assigned to the pro plan don't auto activate.

I've made also another test with new blog templates plugin, where I created a default template and activated premium plugin. After that I signed up as a new user and created a subsite. The premium plugin is active on this site, although the site with trial plan(basic by default) has no permission to use this plugin(screenshot attached). Is it normal behaviour?

Best regards,

Damian

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback and explanation!

I just talked to the Pro Sites developer and he’s looking into it. I provided him with additional information from you and hopefully he’ll be able to find a solution.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information!

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Damian,

We are currently testing fix for this before the update is released to public, if you wish to try the patch yourself download the attached file, unzip it and place it in your /wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/modules/ folder.

Let us know if it worked for you.

Best regards,

Predrag

• maremiru
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @predrag,

thank you for the patch. I confirm it fixes the bug. The selected plugins (auto-activate option) are activated as soon as I manually upgrade the account and deactivated after downgrade.

I have to test it with pay upgrade and Stripe, but I think it should also work. I will let you know.

Best regards,

Damian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.