Premium Plugins / Premium Plugins Manager - what is the difference?

Hey,
what is the difference between the Premium Plugins Manager and the Premium Plugins module in the Pro Sites plugin? Can somebody please explain?

Can I also allow my customer to install plugins by himself? I want to give him the opportunity that he can install plugins by himself and additionally can choose from the plugins which I offer within the network.

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

what is the difference between the Premium Plugins Manager and the Premium Plugins module in the Pro Sites plugin? Can somebody please explain?

Let me please explain this through an example

Let's assume that there are three Pro Sites levels:
    1. Basic
    2. Standard
    3. Pro

With Premium Plugins Manager module you can assign plugins to selected level. If you assign e.g. "Google Maps" plugin to "2. Standard" level it will be available only for sites of "2. Standard" level but not for "1. Basic" and "3. Pro" level.

With Premium Plugins module: if you assign. "Google Maps" plugin to "2. Standard" level it will be available for sites of "2. Standard" and "3. Pro" level.

Therefore the difference is that "Premium Plugins Manager" let's you explicitly select level for which plugin should be available while "Premium Plugins" let's you select the "minimum" level from which the plugin will be available (so for this and all the "higher" levels).

I hope that makes sense for you '

Can I also allow my customer to install plugins by himself? I want to give him the opportunity that he can install plugins by himself and additionally can choose from the plugins which I offer within the network.

This is not possible currently due to how WordPress handle plugins. In Multisite environments only super-admins can install new plugins and admins can only enable/disable those plugins, excluding plugins that are "network only".

Best regards,
    Adam