PressThis Bookmarklet redirection to e-NewsLetter

Hi,

Intending to use the e-newsletter plugin (not installed yet)wallin our society's website and I was wondering,if the "PressThis" bookmarklet could be used to re-direct "PressThis" story items to the newsletter set via the WPMUDEV's e-Newletter plugin.
The aim of the newsletter would be to have internal articles & features created by our society members, but also have stories/information that we can capture by the PressThis bookmarkllet also in the newsletter.
Can this be done, and if so how?

As a WordPress newbie, any help and/pointers would be appreciated.

Tried the "PressThis" bookmarklet with were raised as to capturing download to posts in my WP DAshboard only.

Kinds Regards,

Martin

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Martin!

I've not used PressThis myself, can you link me to the plugin site so I can test with it?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to use the PressThis button to add content from your site to e-Newsletter, correct? Are you wanting any post that gets a PressThis click from any user to be added? How would you like the content to display in the newsletter? (Titles/links only? Excerpt? Images? Full post?)

Thanks for any extra info about the process you want, if we can't make it work with Press This, we can try some other tools and workarounds to hopefully help you put together the newsletter you want.

Thanks, Martin!

• MAK39

HI Michelle,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Not exactly, what I wanted to do is use the "PressThis" button, or an equivalent tool if more appropriate, to capture content from other websites which I could then use in the socieity's Newsletter.
    As I said earlier, the inital intention is to have a mixture in-house articles (written by society members) in the e-Newsletter, but also have the capability of capturing external articles (i.e. from other websites) and using PressThis (or equivalent) in the e-Newsletter.

Ideally, only specificied users/contributors to the e-NewsLetter. As there will be a set number of editors, authors, contributors, etc.

Regarding displaying the content Title, Full post, Images, also ideally with option of Exerpts if a very lengthy article).

As you suggested does not have to be PressThis. If there is something more suitable solution/tool/bookmarklet, I have no preference.

Hope this helps. Any more information, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Martin

• Tyler Postle

Hey Martin,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question here!

You could use our AutoBlog plugin for this. It uses RSS feeds and allows you to bring in posts from other plugins which you could then click to in our newsletter or you could also use our Subscribe by Email plugin to have users subscribe to posts then they can receive a digest of posts :slight_smile:

How does that sounds?

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.