Pretty Permalinks on multisite subdomain showing page not found

Hi,

I have created a multisite wordpress network and when I create a subdomain and use pretty permalinks, e.g. site.domain.com/page I get a page not found. when I do not use pretty permalinks, e.g. site.domain.com/?=123 the pages work just fine. Why are pretty permalinks not working?

• Rupok

Hi Laurence,

This is very weird. But this can be solved, don't worry.

First of all, can you please make sure your server has mod rewrite enabled? If not, can you please contact your host regarding this? They can help you best in this.

If your server has mod rewrite enabled, but you are still getting the issue, then I think there is something wrong in your .htaccess file. Your .htaccess file should contain the following line at the beginning:
    RewriteEngine On
    Can you please confirm if it's there? Or can you please share your .htaccess file content here so we can have a look? Can you also confirm you have copied the .htaccess file content shown in "Network Admin > Settings > Network Setup" section to your .htaccess file?

Please let us know what your hosting provider says about this and share your .htaccess file content. We will be glad to have a look. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.