Pretty plugins blocking menu

Hi,

When pretty plugins is network activated. It is preventing the plugin menu showing. Another plugin adds another setting under "installed plugins" in the plugin menu. How can I still have this showing?

• Denitsa

Hello Peter,
    I hope you are having a fantastic day!

I'm sorry, I'm a bit lost here, can you please explain in more details what you mean by

preventing the plugin menu showing

(which menu exactly, where, on which site)? I went ahead and accessed your site and I could see the main plugin menu on all the subsites - so I'm assuming you're not talking about this one (see screenshot below), but instead you mean a custom sub-menu of the Plugins menu (something like Installed Plugins and Add New).

If so, can you please tell me which plugin should be adding that and what the menu should be?

Also, if you disable all other plugins, except for Pretty Plugins and the said plugin that should be adding the menu, what do you get? Please advise!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
    Denitsa

• Nithin

Hi Peter,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked this, and I could see what you have mentioned, the way how the plugin is designed, it restricts sub menus to be added under Plugins menu. The easiest workaround would be to make use of a plugin like Admin Menu Editor.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

You can then add new custom menu in your dashboard which points to the mentioned page, you can see the custom menu added in my system under Settings, in the screenshot below:

You can rename, or re-order menus with the help of this plugin. The URL for the custom menu would be:
    plugins.php?page=so-widgets-plugins

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin