pretty random if an instructor, administrator can view photos

It's pretty random if an instructor, administrator can view photos. Here is a sub site where the media library looks different. One side is an admin other is instructor.
And, independently of who has uploaded images seen not.
https://www.screencast.com/t/qXS7tbYD

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi morfjord,

Thanks for asking. Regarding an instructor having access to media library, is expected depending on your instructor capabilities. If you instrutor has access to create/edit courses, then he will need to have media access so he can upload course description image, or module media. And that's why an instructor (regardless of role assigned) can have media access.

I'm not sure why some images are not being loaded in your media library. If the logged in user don't have access to those images/media files, then those files won't be listed there. But listing the media file and not showing the images is not normal. Can you please inspect those image icons with Chrome Dev Tools or Firebug, copy the URL and try to load on a new tab and check if they are loading? Media library looking different with different user role seems to be weird also. Can I see the issue live if I create a test user on your "Mine" site and make that user an instructor for any of your courses? Please confirm. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Is your site a live site or it is okay to do those tests? We will jump in as soon as you confirm.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure about this line "independently of who has uploaded images seen not". Can you please explain a little more? We can help you better if we are totally clear about your requirements.

Please let us know as much details as you can. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.