Prevent Automatic Login for Free Level

How do I prevent users from being automatically logged in after creating a free site? I want to require them to get their password from their email in order to login.

• Nastia

Hello John , I hope you are doing well today!

This is not possible to do our of the box with the Pro Site plugin. I've checked if any similar request were made in the past but can't find any.

Because this will require custom coding, I've asked for a feedback from a developer to let us know if this possible to achieve.

Please note the developer response is mush slower than the usual staff response time.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Mahlamusa

Hello John,

I hope you are doing great today. Sorry for the late reply with regards to this.

I have gone through the code of Pro Sites and found that the only safest method to achieve this is as follows: Go to your website's files either through FTP or cPanel's File Manager if you are using cPanel and edit the file located at '/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/Registration.php' and edit inside the function 'signup_blog'

Comment out the line:
    $user = wp_signon( $creds );
    Inside the function 'signup_blog'. By commenting it I mean just add two forward slashes at the beginning of the line so it should look like this:
    //$user = wp_signon( $creds );

This will do the trick, however, this will affect all levels not just the free one. I have checked and haven't found the right hooks on which you can hook a custom plugin. So this means you have to modify Pro Sites core files and that is risky as your changes will be overwritten by future updates.

After registration, the user will receive an email with username and password to login to their newly created site.

Please note that Pro Sites needs WordPress user sessions in order to perform some actions and this may affect Pro Sites in some way. So I do suggest you get a Professional WordPress Developer to do this for you in the most appropriate way that will not affect Pro Sites.

If you are not comfortable editing core files and if you need to customize this only for the free level then I suggest you post a job in the Jobs and Pros section and you will be able to hire a professional developer who can do this for you.

I hope this helps you and if you need more help, just let us know and we will be happy to help you.

I hope you enjoy your day further.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa