Prevent booking without selecting SP

Our booking form allows customers to make bookings without selecting service providers.

Is there a way to prevent this, and make service provider selection mandatory?

• Milan

Hi @Taku Takafuku,

I hope you are having an superb day.. :slight_smile:

Yest there is way to make service provider selection mandatory for user and it is very easy to do.

Just follow these easy steps to achieve this and your concern will be solved. :slight_smile:

#1) Open your booking form page in edit mode. In case if you don't know where to find that page. Just head over to Appointment+ ---> Settings ---> Display Settings. You will see informative message telling you click here to open page in edit mode. Click on that link. That will open booking page in edit mode.(See attached screenshot for more detail).

#2) While you are in edit mode mode try to find [app_schedule ... ] shortcode entry in content editor of page. ( Again follow screenshot if you think this is confusing. :slight_smile: )

#3) Add one more parameter to that shortcode as [app_schedule .... require_provider="1"]. This parameter will ensure that service provider selection is mandotory.

#4) Save changes and view page.

Another thins I would like to note here that if you want to further customize the message which were shown to the user when they don't select service provider, you can achieve this by adding another parameter as [app_schedule ... required_message="Heya you need to select a service provider first."]. This will let you customize the message.

I hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with..

Enjoy Wpmudev..

Warmest Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff ( WPMUDEV )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.