Prevent membership Plans being added by Usergroup

Hi

Ok so I have a number of membership levels - If membership 1 is the highest and membership 5 is the lowest and memberships 3 4 and 5 all have access to Membership plugin and are able to add users etc, how do I stop a staff member who is on membership 4 being able to give another user membership level 5 which is higher than them or even membership 4 as this is on the same level as them?

Thanks

Wayne

• Milan

Hello @Wayne,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I am not able to understand clearly what do you want to achieve. Sorry but would you please tell me are you using membership 2 pro in multisite environment or single site environment ?

How you are granting user group access to membership plans ? Are you using any third party plugin or this is the thing you want to achieve ?

Please advice.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Wayne

Hi

This is membership 2 and single site - I have been speaking with @Predrag Dibasic in live chat and he understood the query but states it is not possible out of the box. The problem for me here is that the permissions for Membership2 are not granular enough.

If I have the following Membership Levels

Admin
    Team Leader
    Supervisor
    User
    Visitor

Admin, Team Leader & Supervisor are given access to the Membership 2 plugin in the admin area, the Supervisor should not be able to grant new members Admin, Team Lead or Supervisor membership levels as ultimately these control the permissions across the site when a membership account is assigned to a user_role in the core.

It would make more sense to prevent that happening unless they have the core permission of can promote to higher level, these permissions should apply to membership levels as well.

Can the developer be called into this thread to seek a view and ultimately a solution please?

Thanks

Wayne

• Milan

Hello @Wayne,

I hope you are having a good day.

As my colleague @Predrag Dubajic stated its not possible out of box I suggest you post your this requirement on our job portal where our valuable developer will try to do this customization for you.

You can find our job portal here Job Portal and to post new job please visit this page New Job

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers!
    Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.