Prevent pdf to be downloaded until user has provided information

Is there any plugin or any way to create a page where you put contents like PDFs that everyone can see the basic information from the file, but can't download it until some information is given, like email, name etc ? (the reader doesn't need to be a registered user)

Inside the dashboard, the site administrator would see the informations from whose downloaded that file, how many times it was downloaded and so on.

Thank you

• ImNobodyX

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the answer, well the idea you gave is not what I am looking for, but that would work too. If I cannot find what I am specifically seeking, I'll do that.

Actually, I want the admin just have the work to create the page and put the pdf as "blocked". I would rather something more automated, like "password protected pages", but just for individual files (not the entire page) besides the need to provide information everytime someone will download it.

My English is not so good, just to clarify, is something like:

1) The Admin creates a page and make a pdfs list (upload it) and mark as "protected".
    2) Choose what kind of information would be needed (email etc);
    3) Make the page public.
    4) Everyone over internet could see that page, the pdf name and a summary;
    5) I am an anonymous user and when I see that page: "oh, I want to download this" and click on the link;
    6) A popup or something like appears asking for business/company name and email;
    7) Users fill that and the download begins;
    8) The database store the provided information plus the pdf id;
    9) On dashboard admin would see: "who downloaded what", separated by pdf file.

Thank you in advance

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @ImNobodyX

I'm extremely sorry about the long delay on this, somehow I missed your last post.

I hope that you are well today.

I'm afraid there is way to do specifically what you are looking for, however you could use our membership plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

And using the more tag protection, allow the description of the PDF, but not the download link, to this they must login, so you could have the registration as a popup and then they would need to register and login to access the PDF, the only problem is with this, it wouldn't show who has downloaded which PDF's, but would that be closer to what you want to achieve?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and sorry again about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.