prevent php execution in defender

Hi,
Is there any downside to preventing PHP execution in Defender? Also is there a way to implement this feature in all defender installs that I currently have active?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello cornelius_butler

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Prevent PHP Execution" is a security tweak and is beneficial for the security of the site. There is a risk that some plugins might be affected, especially if they do use some "non standard ways" to handle their resources/requests but those are rare cases and would have to be treated individually.

I'd say: enable it on site and test the site to see if everything works fine. If not and you are sure that something stopped working specifically after enabling that tweak, let us know and we'll investigate it to see if it can be fixed or if the Prevent PHP Execution would have to be disabled on that particular site.

As for enabling that on "all sites". There's no "bulk enable" option in The Hub currently so you can enable it everywhere but you'd need to go through all the sites - access each site and enable it via the Defender - Security Tweak page on each site separately.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.