Prevent WPHB related audit logging.

I’d like to remove/filter out all the WPHB Minify group related log like:

deleted WPHB Minify Group “2510a64dabf3c1bbc317fd40fe8f487f-scripts”; deleted WPHB Minify Group “317b8959ef2d3837773853f227417095-scripts”

For me this is totally useless in Audit logging. For some reason 5 per hour are being generated. 5 per hour = 120 per day. Which are totally uninformative. Please check and help if there is a way to prevent/filter those kinds of logs.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi emilio_gagliardi

I hope you’re well today!

Those entries in Audit logs are related to the Hummingbird Asset Optimization and may, actually, be useful sometimes, especially if something goes wrong on the site because of changes in Asset Optimization.

However, that’d be more of a “debugging” case rather than “every day use” and I understand why they might be of no use for you. That said, I have asked our developers if there’s some way – e.g. using some built-in filter hook with additional code snippet – to filter them out from not only being displayed but just logged at all.

I’m awaiting their response so please keep track of this ticket and either I or one of my colleagues will update you here as soon as we got to know more.

Best regards,

Adam

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hey emilio_gagliardi ,

We will be adding a filter to exclude more post types from Audit Logging on an upcoming version of Defender.

For the time being if you really need this change I can walk you through an edit in Defender core files that will help you out but this means that you will have to apply this with caution and that it will be overwritten on each update so it will have to be re-applied since it will be in the core files of the plugin.

Tell me if you want me to provide the edit details for you!

Regards,

Konstantinos

• emilio_gagliardi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks guys,

I understand the importance of a thorough audit log. In the case of scheduled, system updates, I assume they're happening all the time, across the entire stack, so I don't want to see those kinds of log entries each and every time. IFF something goes wrong, will I need audit logs to track down the issue.

When I use Audit log, I'm doing so (primarily) to see what my users have been doing. To that end, it would be extremely helpful if audit logs could be filtered by user role or page.

I'll pass on the custom code for now, thank you kindly.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.