Preventing Network wide changes

I have just spent most of the night fixing my network after all sites pages and setting's went AWOL. If all being well I will soon recover from it but taken all night, its the 5th time in weeks I don't have time to waste on this !

I'm now locking pages any other pages but need a more stable solution

I need to find a solution quickly so if my site goes it won't take down others !

Please advise

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Alan,

Ouch. Sounds like an awful night.

Are there any other details you can provide? What exactly happened? The problem was on main site or subsite? Any potential causes identified? Did you contact your web host? Error logs showing anything? What's the URL?

Feed us info.

Cheers,
    Mark

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

Hi Mark

Ive had issue's for a few weeks I have just got it back up about half hour ago and testing all sites now..

Hosts was great in helping me finding a fix but still lots of time wasted. I am reading up more info on snapshot and ill watch out for automatic -updates in future

It was on main causeblogs.org site and several other subsites hopefully this is it fixed but please feel free to check over wit expert eyes

Alan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya Alan,

Greetings of the day.

I see that Mark is handling the situation well with ya.

Just to add, I tested your site and its appearing fine here. Did it just came up ?

I very much doubt that there is some issue at the Host end. What did they say ?

Cheers
    PC

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

Logged in tonight to find site and network wide changes incl. plugin's some turned on and others off - missing pages, members, groups, users etc - this is driving me nuts now i am spending my time going over site fixes each and every day !

What is going on guys ?

• xaviemirmon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I would have your hosting provider run a scan for you to check for anything malicious and see if they are having issues with their MYSQL service. I might also as if they have backups of you site before you had issues. It sounds to me that your issues are have to do with the host or a compromised network.

• camparoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Alan, I am prob. crossing over info you have already covered, but wanted to just throw this out there for posterity.

You can add plug-ins that are pretty much required for your whole network by activating them as the Super-Admin.

If, however, you choose not to activate all of your plug-ins – plug-ins uploaded to your Network Plugin Folder, well, this plug-in content will still be available as usable plugins to network site users. The sub-users will simply need to activate what they wish to use.

Have you been activating ALL plugins as Super Admin to make them available to Network Users? If you do this, you will affect all the pages and content in your Network.

Just a thought...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.