Prevention against trial repeat?

Hi

What options is there to prevent people from signing up for endless trials??

They can keep changing email adress, usernames etc…

Will they sign up with credit info??

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hello Hamid,

If the trial registration requires only the user’s email address, as far as I know there is not a way to prevent abuse on provided trial membership.

You could use their IP address but, it will not be reliable since one person could use different devices under different networks.

What you can do is, tighten the registration process/requirements by asking anyone registering for a phone number that can be used to send a registration code and verify if someone has an account or not. There are SMS plugins in WordPress plugins directory that can help you do that.

Hope that solve your concern!

Best,

Huberson

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hi,

The “WordPress SMS” plugin is one that can be used to send text message to a number. You will require registered users to provide their number that will be used to send a registration confirmation code. If they do not provide the code after a certain amount of time the account is cancelled. If another registration is made using the same number, you can simply invalidate it.

You could also try the Email Verification / SMS verification / Mobile Verification plugin. I din’t try it yet but I think it might do exactly what you want.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.