Preview newsletter received, but trial send does not.

I set up eNewsletter. I can enter the settings and receive both a test email [Root User Test Connection Send] AND the Preview from the email editor (Preview).

When I go to sent to a group though – it says it is is sending, but it does not. In fact it reads that it sent the email, none bounce, none open.

I’ve simplified things as much as possible (no ssl and turned off CRON) but still have the same result of getting the Test email (from settings page) and the Preview email (from editor page) but not the actual newsletter –

Ideas?

• Kipp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes – but with a twist (don’t know if it is relevant or not).

I use BlueHost.

The email I received (I tried adding a user) is from an @box###.bluehost.com address – which is not my domain (@necounseling.org). The @box###.bluehost.com is what I have to enter to be able to use SSL. Each of these outgoing servers has custom port #’s. On the eNewsletter plug in, I’ve use the non-SSL ( mail.necounseling.org) and the SSL (box###.bluehost.com) as the mail server and found the same result with each.

• Kipp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Any time I set up an email account I can set up with mail.necounseling.org as the incoming and outgoing mail servers. If I set up as SSL I have to use box###.bluehost.com as the incoming and outgoing mail server. The password is the verification on these. Ports are customized. I have tried both the SSL and non-SSL versions. Neither send the mails. I have also tried turning off CRON on the non-SSL settings to see if that was an issue. It does not work (I’m only sending to two emails now).

The notification emails I get from WP are of the format necouns1@box###.bluehost.com.

Additional information I have since found is that when I send a Preview email in the editor page:

– When I use an email on the server my.name@necounseling.com I DO get the preview from newsletter@necounseling.org.

– When I changed this to myemail@gmail.com I did NOT get the preview (yes I checked the spam, archive, trash, promotional and social inboxes).

Thanks for the help.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kipp

Hope your well today and thanks for the additional information, sorry about the delay.

That’s interesting about when you switch to the gmail you didn’t get the preview.

Do you have a gmail account? If you do can you test that as the one with sending the email, as it’s acting almost as if the port is closed to anything outside the domain.

Please advise.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Kipp

What are you using SMTP or PHPMAIL? Anayway, whatever you are using it seems that it is not allowing to send you anything outside the domain and only host provider can help you with that.

You could try configuring completely outside smtp server to send mails with… if the host will allow your website to connect to this server, you should be able to send mails to everybody.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.