Preview of posts/page... even display any site leads to 404

Valued Support-Team,

we need your help to fix this 404 problem which comes up as soon as we would like to preview a page or post we just entered.

The same 404 screen is displayed when we are clicking on a frontend page and unfortunately this hassle occurs also on all sub domains not only on the main domain.

Looking forward being supported by you.
Kind regards
Prinz

• Klaus

Hello Ash,

thanks so much that you take on this support request. To answer your question...

All started on Sunday when installed and activated the new membership2 PRO (was Protected content before), also the update for the WPMU Dev Dashboard. Until that time everything was running so smoothly BUT since with both updates we struggle heaps to get our application working because those we reverberate extremely not to mention all the troubles and frustration we experience.

Please view all our recent support request e.g. trouble with m2 Pro, theme / revolution slider etc.

What we did meanwhile

1) clear browser cache, run CC cleaner, restarted System and router
    2) deleted all caches on wp-application (main and sub domains)
    3) de-activated all plugins once again (was several times necessary)
    4) re-named .htaccess
    5) contacted provider, cleared all caches
    6) they run MYSQL flush PRIVILEGES
    7) provider analyzed system (IP and site is not blacklisted)
    found the result *** see below
    8) we re-activated plugin by plugin, initialized sub domain by sub domain and tested access after each step... finally we are able to edit/modify posts/pages on it...
    9) Solved problem to 8) but not PREVIEW and 404 pane
    10) we had the bug ACTIVATION of our WPMU Dev membership

*** Provider result of their analysis:
    Richard
    [09-Jun-2015 07:36:49] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    [09-Jun-2015 07:36:49] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: magickwand: Unable to initialize module
    Module compiled with module API=20100525, debug=0, thread-safety=0
    PHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
    These options need to match
    in Unknown on line 0

8:19:00amRichard
    this is the error you are getting on your site - has to be deleted (don't use ZEND and you are fine

We contacted Jude again but believe he is actually off duty as we don't here from that bug by now eliminated... PLEASE ASH could you eventually check that and if it's not done help Jude and us out with that too?

.htaccess (current one)
    # Use PHP5.4 as default
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php

.htaccessold (before renaming)
    # Use PHP5.4 Single php.ini as default
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54s .php

<Files 403.shtml>
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Files>

# BEGIN WPSuperCache
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    #If you serve pages from behind a proxy you may want to change 'RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on' to something more sensible
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*[^/]$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*//.*$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !POST
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !.*=.*
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Cookie} !^.*(comment_author_|wordpress_logged_in|wp-postpass_).*$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-Wap-Profile} !^[a-z0-9\"]+ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:stuck_out_tongue:rofile} !^[a-z0-9\"]+ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index-https.html.gz -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*) "/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index-https.html.gz" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Cookie} !^.*(comment_author_|wordpress_logged_in|wp-postpass_).*$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index.html.gz -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*) "/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index.html.gz" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index-https.html -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*) "/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index-https.html" [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index.html -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*) "/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{SERVER_NAME}/$1/index.html" [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WPSuperCache

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Dear Ash, hope this reports helps and we did not miss out to mention any steps we had to take.

Kind regards
    Prinz

• Ash

Hello @Prinz

Yes, direct server access would be great. Would you please send me admin login and FTP login?

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    Details:
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @Prinz

I hope you are well today.

Please check now. It was htaccess issue. I have changed the htaccess to correct one:

# Use PHP5.4 as default

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ wp/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Klaus

Hi Ash,

indeed we are sincere grateful that you could solve this issue unfortunately initiated through the new membership2 PRO plugin.

We are gladly confirm not having any 404 trouble. Before we close this support request, we try to learn by example and wondering, why did you not just rename e.g. one of the older renamed .htaccess files? Please do us the favor and explain. Another reason for asking is why did you in the current .htaccess file all those statements from existing (renamed version) in?

And if you perhaps also comment what this (let me call it provider result) "ZEND" issue really means to our system and if - as suggested by service provider - it is by now entirely eliminated from program code to avoid future "load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/....." trouble that would be indeed absolutely fabulous.

Thank you
    Prinz

• Ash

Hello @Prinz

I hope you are well today.

Glad to know that it's working for you.

why did you not just rename e.g. one of the older renamed .htaccess files? Please do us the favor and explain. Another reason for asking is why did you in the current .htaccess file all those statements from existing (renamed version) in?

In existing .htaccess you had only the following lines:

# Use PHP5.4 as default

And no other code, so there is no wordpress htaccess code in there. I have just used default wordpress htaccess, and also kept the above 2 lines so didn't keep any backup by renaming. As the two lines (one line basically, other line is comment) also included in new htaccess file.

Also, I didn't check your old renamed htaccess files, I just added the default multisite htaccess code. You can find it here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Multisite_Network_Administration#.htaccess_and_Mod_Rewrite

And if you perhaps also comment what this (let me call it provider result) "ZEND" issue really means to our system and if - as suggested by service provider - it is by now entirely eliminated from program code to avoid future "load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/....." trouble that would be indeed absolutely fabulous.

I am sorry I am not clear about this question. But after seeing your recent htaccess what I understand that you have some code that is compatible to php 5.4, so you must use that. In your htaccess, you are asking your server to load php 5.4 as default php version for this site.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.