Preview theme on signup

Hej,

Choosing template at signup is a great feature.

But is missing the point where the user should choose the template just by its name.
What about adding optional, Short Description , and more important Preview Image.
The preview image can be the screenshot.png of the stylesheet.

Thanks,

Koff

• aecnu

Greetings koff,

Choosing template at signup is a great feature.

But is missing the point where the user should choose the template just by its name.
    What about adding optional, Short Description , and more important Preview Image.
    The preview image can be the screenshot.png of the stylesheet.

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.
    Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development.

It might take a bit longer than useful, but I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to view the feature request.

In the meantime you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we're aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member, looking forward to getting this feature incorporated!

Any other +1's for this feature other then koff and I?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav

Hello,

This is a nice idea, but there is no guarantee that a template will include a different theme, so it may be best handled on case by case basis. Fortunately, the plugin output on the signup page can be overridden, which will allow you to make it as complex as you need it, including associating templates with images.

To do this, you may want to start by copying the "blogtemplatesfiles/template/blog_templates-registration.php" file from the plugins folder to your theme folder. Next, you can replace the markup there with a, say, list of images and a hidden input field named "blog_template" (the input name is the only requirement). With a few lines of javascript, you can associate clicking on images with changing values in the input field. Would this work for your scenario?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.