Price listed in points

Hi

I was happy to hear that people can now pay with cube points, but disappointed to see that cube points are not included for a pricing option.

We want to use our store exclusively to "sell" merchandise for points only. That requires that each item only has a points value and not a dollar amount.

Can you guys please add this? Or can you tell me what I need to modify to add it myself?

Thanks

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

@winterwonder +1 on the idea of dumping the currency and have the "Shopping Cart" run as a point system I had a customer asking me this the other day as well .

The Question i ask him how will they payment work will the customer have to buy point before he can "Buy" some thing from your site

I know Some of the guys here in South Africa runs some thing similar to what your looking at
    https://www.ebucks.com/web/eBucks/home/

I know all the info is not helping you in getting market press to do this you maby want to have a look at this link https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/new-project/ and post the project there

If any body know how to do this pleas post it so we can see it as well

But again +1 The idea will rock

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi winterwonder and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'm venturing to guess this could be done with a CubePoints currency type. If you're using solely CubePoints and no other gateway, I would think it'd be best to edit the currency details (I'm guessing for USD as that's the default).

Are you basically looking to replace the $ symbol though?

Thanks,
    David

• winterwonder
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I don't want any dollar amount listed, just points (for example) price: 5,000 points.

I thought the easiest way may be to simply create a new currency type for the system. There is no need to dump the currency system entirely, just add an additional cube points currency.

Also I'd prefer to add a new currency vs modifying one of the others.

Thanks

• winterwonder
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Can anyone please answer this for me? I can see where I need to add a new currency to the array which I found in marketpress-data.php

But I'm unclear what these numeric values represent. This for example is the Brazilian entry.

"BRL"=> array("Brazil, Reais", "52, 24"),

Some entries have 1 number, some have two, and some even have 3 or 4.

• winterwonder
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Come on guys. I asked a simple question. I want to create a currency for MarketPress that lists the item value in Cube points, not in a regular currency.

Surely this is something easily done, I will do it myself if you just give me the details on how to do it.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Sorry for the delays in responding here! Basically, the gateway wasn't built with its own currency in mind and as you've requested it we are looking into this.

To get MarketPress to list points as such right now, you can potentially use one of the other currencies, such as the USD currency on line 509 of marketpress-data.php and edit it as follows:
    "USD"=> array("United States of America, Points", "50, 4f, 49, 4e, 54, 53"),

Those extra parameters are actually hexidecimal digits representing the ASCII values, and this adjustment would entail the symbol be printed as "POINTS".

You can also adjust the settings in MarketPress at Products > Store Settings > General as illustrated here:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.