Price not Displaying in Marketpress

The price does not display in any of the layouts if there are not optional SKUs. The [mp_product_price] shortcode does not work either for single SKU items. The drop-down to select from multiple SKUs does work and displays prices. If an item without a diplayed price is added to the Cart the price displays properly in the cart. I have tested this with multiple themes including twenty eleven. I have downloaded and re-installed marketpress via FTP. But the results are the same.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings argentis,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Please bare with me while I try to get my head wrapped around what you mean by The price does not display in any of the layouts if there are not optional SKUs.

Are you referring to additional variations?

Here is a single item on my test production server and the price is indeed showing without any variations: http://marketpress.aecnuwpmu.us/store/products/category/scripts-software/

A you can see the price is indeed present though I have removed the word Price as a demonstration of the Ultimate Branding plugin for another member.

I have downloaded and re-installed marketpress via FTP. But the results are the same.

In this event I would have to suggest that I would not anticipate any difference unless you had indeed deleted the database tables for Market press as well.

I have tested this with multiple themes including twenty eleven.

Have you by any chance tested with Frame Market/Grid Market theme?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• argentis
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Here is some additional information.

Are you referring to additional variations?

Yes. The additional Variations are are showing up fine, it is posts with no additional Variations that are not showing price.

A you can see the price is indeed present...

The working test site rules out a plugin wide bug, so we need to look at how to fix it on my site or get it back to defaults.

In this event I would have to suggest that I would not anticipate any difference unless you had indeed deleted the database tables for Market press as well.

How do I delete the Marketpress database tables? I deactivated, deleted and re-installed marketpress, what else do I need to do? Will that delete the product entries?

Have you by any chance tested with Frame Market/Grid Market theme?

I have tested it with Frame Market/Grid Market and simple market. The behavior is unchanged.

Thanks,
    Bob

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings argentis,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this - it appears that my co-worker that was supposed to cover my tickets while I was on vacation is no longer part of the WPMU Dev Staff. You have certainly not been abandoned.

It appears that you are now a couple of versions behind in Market Press, could you please update to version 2.6.4 and let me know if this issue still exists?

Please advise.

And once again sorry for the delay.

Sincerely, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @argentis

Greetings from WPMU DEV.

Just following up

It appears that you are now a couple of versions behind in Market Press, could you please update to version 2.6.4 and let me know if this issue still exists?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Bob,

Thank you for your patience and input, it is greatly appreciated.

I just did a review of this entire ticket and I found your question about tables but Market Press does not have any separate tables as indicated by our lead developer:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hi-i-cant-upgrade-marketpress-lite-to-full#post-259607

I have demonstrated that it works well on my test sites which are on hosting and servers not connected to WPMU Dev to include the URL's

Could you please post the URL to your installation and store so that we can get a first hand look at what is going on there?

Preferably the Frame Market/Grid Market theme but not required.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• argentis
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The test/development site is devadesignsllc.com. I am not currently running frame/grid market. They where exhibiting the same behavior. I have also just removed Market press, deleted it's folder, then did a clean install of market press. It is still doing the same thing.
    Thanks,
    Bob

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Bob,

Sorry for the delay here Bob.

What will it take to get this resolved?

Considering you are hosting/developing on a Go Daddy server, probably a new host. But that is my opinion and not necessarily fact because I cannot test it on Go Daddy myself. Just put the following into Google and you may see what I mean --> site:wpmudev.org go daddy ~or~ http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amu.wordpress.org%2Fforums+godaddy

However, it is now my duty to get the lead developer @Aaron with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us involved here since I am clearly unable to get this issue resolved nor replicate it in any way shape or form.

I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.