pricing table disappeared after upgrade

Had a feeling this was going to happen. The previous version was quite... unfinished (had to hack in a LOT of CSS to get it to look halfway decent) and so when I upgraded, had a bad feeling... now I've got no pricing tables at all, even though its enabled and one of the new themes is selected.

Support Access granted.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @peter_harris

Hope you're doing great !!

I just went in and reset the tables, I could not find the table CSS anymore but the tables themselves should work can you try now ?

I could not find the page you are using for front end display.

Cheers
    Jude

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy @peter_harris

I was actually running a few tests on the site. Looks like something is conflicting with the output of the table.

1) Malformed CSS
    2) Other Visual plugins
    3) Base theme ...

Can you quickly remove all extra CSS, plugins and try with the base theme ? In essence I'd like you to try a plugin conflict test as detailed here.

premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Cheers
    Jude

• peter_harris
    • Syntax Hero

Ahh, the part of WordPress that I loathe more than anything... having to kill various functions of your site to find plugin conflicts. Can't believe how much time I waste doing this. It's really becoming scandalous how much time we're all wasting on tasks like this.

Ok, so, now that I've vented a bit... it's not the theme. Nor is it any of the plugins activated on the main site. That just leaves network activated plugins. I disabled all of the non-WPMUdev plugins and that didn't work either.

Then the tedious process of network deactivation/activation. (Don't know why they don't have a "recently activated" section in network plugins, nor let you activate more than one at a time.)

And this revealed... nothing unfortunately.

Now we're back to square one and I've lost 45 minutes. *sigh*

(Hope you don't take my frustration personally Jude... it's just becoming a joke how much time has to be spent sorting out bugs like this. Really difficult to run a business when fundamental stuff is breaking down like this.)

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @peter_harris

I looked through the log. Im not sure if its the script .. its likely to be the Make Plus plugin you're using .. one or more of its components are interfering with Pro Sites. Can you delete / turn it off and try again ?

Cheers
    Jude

• peter_harris
    • Syntax Hero

Hmm... Make Plus isn't enabled on the main site, but only on certain sub sites. Is that even possible that a sub-site-enabled plugin could affect the main site? If that's so, then could you let me know what you saw so I could pass it on to the developer? Unfortunately I can't delete it entirely as it powers key functions on dozens of sites.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @peter_harris

Can you please send in

Subject: "Attn: Jude Rosario"
    - WordPress super admin/ admin username + password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel details
    - phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )
    - MySQL details ( IF you dont have phpmyadmin)

-link back to this thread for reference

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Preferably a test site where I can reproduce the issue. Other wise you main site may have some downtime. Do take a backup.

Jude

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Peter

Replace

$column_width       = $total_width / $total_columns;

WITH

$column_width       = $total_width / 3;

here

wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/View/Front/Checkout.php

The error you're seeing should go away, let me know if you still have issues with the pricing page.

Otherwise we may need to do a deep dig, I have a hunch it could be the theme will leave it here for now.

Cheers
    Jude

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Peter! Hello!

We're going to need to start offering you beers when you submit a question, you always get the tricky issues on your site. Your tenacity is appreciated and admired. :slight_smile:

Let's ask SLS to take a look here. Jude's exhausted lots of options, and I can't reproduce what you're seeing on my own site, which is on a cruddy host and is barely working in most other regards. It's usually a pretty reliable place to break things, but I'm not seeing this at all.

SLS, as you know, can sometimes take a little longer, but they'll be through as soon as they can.

Thanks, peter!

• peter_harris
    • Syntax Hero

Thanks Michelle,

To be clear, here's what I tested:

* changed theme
    * deactivated all plugins on main site
    * deactivated all non-WPMU network-activated plugins

That leaves deactivating WPMU network-activated plugins (which you can see in the attached list of all my network-activated plugins). I did NOT do this last step for two reasons – one is the assumption that WPMU would not release a new plugin that has a conflict with other WPMU plugins. And two... that doing so would kill major functions within my service, which as I mentioned, is running 50 active sites.

I'm very concerned about how to grow my business while having outages like this (10 days now) and so would appreciate suggestions about strategies moving forward once we solve this. Mirrored clones of the entire network where you can test upgrades? Something to discuss...

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey Peter!

None of your network activated plugins look like they'd be behind this.

I have a staging site for each of my production sites. I use Snapshot to transfer content back and forth, and do all my testing on the staging site, including all new plugins I want to implement. This way, if something goes wrong when I activate a new plugin, it's only my staging site, which I can roll back with very little fanfare. Snapshot handles most of the logistics (changing URLs, for example) for me, so it's usually pretty painless.

We'll keep you posted with SLS. Thanks for your good testing here.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey Peter!

It's definitely more work with MU, but it's not impossible. You'd have a staging network, identical to your production network. Snapshots of the whole network at the same time aren't possible, but you can snapshot each subsite individually, and import them into your staging network one at a time. It's not a one-click deal, but it's effective, and I've found it's usually worth the extra effort so as to not have to deal with similar production site issues like you're facing. :slight_smile:

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Peter!

At this time, there's no way to backup and restore an entire multisite. I know it's a popular request. If it can be done, someone on our team will figure it out. If importing each site is more hassle than it's worth, we'll keep working with your production network.

Thanks

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @peter_harris, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I realize that what I'm about to suggest sounds incredibly simple... but have you tried going to:

Pro Sites -> Levels

And saving the list of levels again, just to see if that makes a difference?

If that doesn't though, then we're really going to need to have some deeper access to delve into this further for you. Could you then send in the following?

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @peter_harris,

They're already aware of it, and I believe that it's going to be addressed in the next release we're cooking up, just need to do some testing first. So we shouldn't have to worry about this for much longer.

Glad to hear that saving the levels worked in the meantime, thanks for letting me know! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.