Primary Domain for Domain Mapper

I am not sure if this has been discussed, and a search yielded very little results, so I am going to go out on a limb here. I have the Domain Mapping plugin working perfectly, so far as the plugin is designed to work anyhow. I checked out the updated version of doncha's work today, which has been modified to allow a primary blog, but from what I have seen, it still only supports installations using subdomain blogs. How can I hack this feature of making a primary domain for my blog? Some of my blogs have 2 or 3 domains each, and it redirects each domain independently to the same blog using different URL's, which if I understand correctly is not good for SEO results, because there are multiple domains for one site.

Now that I have rambled, perhaps someone could help me integrate this into the plugin with a quick (or not so quick) fix, perhaps even helping along an upgrade to include this as-is.

• Jonathan Elijah
    • Flash Drive

Please bear with me, I am new to the site, so I have yet to discover the limitation of support. I've read somewhere on your site regarding this plugin that you guys are (what was the word you guys used) appreciative (this isn't the right word, but it is the best I can think right now) of Doncha's work; and that you guys would keep up with this plugin as much as possible. I understand this is your version, but this is almost a must have featue (look at WordPress.com for instance, which allows a primary domain for a blog) and the fact that Doncha's plugin now features this.

Forgive me being blunt, I know I'm new to the site, but don't you think this would be a much needed update? If your not willing to help with this, which I find somewhat strange since this is a member support site for your plugins (if I am overstepping my boundaries, please forgive me, I haven't learned where those boundaries are yet), that you wont help me integrate a feature which should already be an integrated feature.

Anywho, I suppose I will have to find something out.

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

Our plugin is not solely based on Donnchas. We're aiming to keep it compatible with his domain mapping plugin but that doesn't mean we'll be adding in every single feature right after it's added to his :wink:

We may add it in a future version but I'm afraid this isn't a priority at the moment.

If your not willing to help with this, which I find somewhat strange since this is a member support site for your plugins

I'm afraid we don't immediately add in every single feature requested. We usually like to get feedback from other members before adding features :wink:

If you're looking for someone to add features to plugins the moment you need them then you'll need to hire a developer.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Jonathan Elijah
    • Flash Drive

The problem with that is mine doesn't. I am using a more fine tuned host (NearlyFreeSeech), although I know how to do so (using a 301 Redirect), I was hoping to find the solution this way. But thanks for reminding me of that, I think I would have kept going on my search until I made the plugin work, I guess I will have to go that route.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.