Printable Invoices, Packing Slips and other reports for Marketpress

So I finally start getting several orders and discovered (or missed it all together) That there doesn’t appear to be a way to print packing slips, or order picks. (for example I have 30 orders with SKU numbers that need to be picked and packed for shipping) currently I don’t see an easy way to do this. Other things that would be nice is to be able to print a professional looking receipt, inclucing company logo etc… Is this stuff already included somewhere and I’m over looking it?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Dean,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Invoices are sent via email in MarketPress plugin however you can export the order list in CSV and then print it out.

Also when an order is placed, you receive an email with the address info which you can print out directly.

However, it seems to be a nice feature and I have already moved it to “Features and Feedback” section where other members of the community can vote on the same :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the reply @Pranaya Chaudhary I do get the emails however they don’t print out very well or professional looking at all. It would be nice (especially when the clients receive their email receipt) to be able to include a logo and have a professional looking receipt for my clients. Also the ability to print from their email without having to print all of the google or additional web page ad’s that appear.

Additionally for my web clients or anyone who doesn’t want to let employees have access to the admin page or in the case where a client needs to give a warehouse worker an order pick report, not all of my clients use excel or other spread sheets. Apparently the majority of online e-commerce software already have most of these features built in. I’ve not used these other sites however if I want to convert and retain clients I can see where these reports will be important.

Thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Dean,

Sorry for not being able to get to your post earlier as I was away for a vacation.

You are right, an invoice with a logo will look nice and it will be a good feature.

I have tagged Aaron on this post already so that he is aware about the request :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• William
    • Flash Drive

Dean: A good start, would be to go to your Store Settings, Messages Settings, and customize the Order Status Page, as that seems to be the closest thing to an invoice.

I added my logo in there, and then used some css, so it doesn’t display on the website, but does display on the print out. Mind you, this requires some effort to create a print friendly css file.

Otherwise, there isn’t much that I can see, that can be done to fix it up in its current state. At least with the SimpleMarket Theme, it spits out html without many spans / ids.

I was hoping on turning the Order Detail page into our invoice, and do have it looking a lot better, but things like Order Details, and Shipping Information don’t have tags added to be able to style them directly.

(Also, please note, I haven’t upgraded to the latest version. I’m running one of the 2.8 releases, but not the latest, as I noticed a version bump for SimpleMarket.. and I could never get a child theme to work, as it seemed to be a child of a child… so I really don’t want to lose my customizations)

If your interested in spending some time mucking around with this approach, I’d be glad to throw out a few more tips along the way.

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

The description of Marketpress is “the most powerful, easy to use & flexible ecommerce plugin for WordPress”. however this is a bit misleading since other ecommerce plugins take care of invoicing and picking/packaging with an extension.

I think if you wish this plugin to be the ecommerce of choice, then I think it needs the function of adding an extension to take care of attached PDF invoices, as well as picking and packaging slips.

Sure WooCommerce has tons of extensions that are sometimes pricy, but the extensions make it what it is today. It is a shame we have to vote/plee for simple extensions to be made for MarketPress to be the leader in eCommerce.

Ciaran

• BenRosier
    • New Recruit

If you use PayPal to accept payment, you can remove PayPal’s logo and add your own logo to their packaging slip.

For this, your logo must be:

150 X 100 pixels in size

10 KB or smaller

.GIF, .JPG or .PNG format

Not an ideal fix but will solve the problem without the need for any custom changes until WPMU get round to adding the feature to MarketPress.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your great suggestion Ben :slight_smile:

Everyone, this is something which is asked a few times on the forums. (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/printing-invoices-from-marketpress-order-details-page#post-551762)

We have hired new developers who are working on adding a few features to the plugin. However currently our developers are working on a new theme project which is due to be released soon so that is the priority for now.

I have however sent a note to @aaron to see if this is something which is there on his agenda.

Cheers, PC

• pete_stagman
    • New Recruit

Packing lists and Invoices are basic necessities for any retailer.

I didn’t mind creating them by hand when I only had a few orders. But, now I just can’t spend the time.

They are becoming critical. I may have to move to WooCommerce where there are several plug-ins for packing lists and invoices. :slight_frown:

–Pete

• Sherry
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes! Generating a packing list is super important. In fact, we need to generate a separate packing list for each of our suppliers because we email each supplier the packing list and they drop ship for us. An order can consist of products from different suppliers. If you can work that in, I would be eternally grateful! Or if there’s another good solution, I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Sherry

• eWebify
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Timothy,

Any idea of a time frame that this version 3 will be released? I am subscribed and am very eager to get that version. If it is too far out, however I will probably have to switch to a new ecommerce platform or pay a developer to develop one for me that works with marketpress.

Sincerely,

Garret

• Sherry
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI,

I’m having an Excel programmer program the CSV file data to dump into a Packing Slip template that I’ve created for each of our Suppliers. Then I can email the Packing Lists or print them. Same could be done for invoices. Can’t run a store without Packing Lists…

That was my solution.

Sherry

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Very disappointed that well over a year later that Invoices and or packing slips haven’t been added to this product.

Seems like several of these old plugins should be completed before placing emphasis on creating new projects.

I believe that this alone would be a great help in member retention.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

High 5 on that last comment, have been waiting for this for more than you mention. Seems they have simply forgotten to get this done. Am utterly disappointed in the progress of this project.

Would I renew my membership when it is up for renewal if this isn’t done?

I would seriously consider not renewing.

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

Then why not communicate this progress before we have to ask? Maybe a news post on what is new with v4 and a rough eta. Such a big plugin and only one person developing it? Why not contract a couple of devs to work on the project with him?

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

I’m confused about the 40 hours per week for 5 months. After that length of time surly simple reports routines should have been able to be produced. After all the information that is being passed on to PayPal or other payment gateways should be able to be gathered and formatted into a report, even a customizable report from our end.

I realize that my coding background back in the day from x-base, however I would assume that any database type of programs, plugins etc… should be able to access the information from these data bases.

From there a routine shouldn’t take more than a few days from an experienced coder to complete.

This in my opinion should have never taken this long.

I’ve also quit using e-newsletter as there were many issues that went unfixed for very long periods of time.

I know personally that the team here at WPMU DEV do work very hard, I just think that many times a new project is started without properly finishing or supporting current projects.

I’m thankful that I was able to earn my lifetime membership with WPMUDEV and hopefully with better health be more active again. With that being said many old friends haven’t renewed their memberships due to the long delays in getting things done.

Hopefully things will pick up here soon and @jonathan will be able to get this out to us soon.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

The new marketpress plugin is nearly finished, we are hoping to release it soon, hopefully by the end of september, but this isn’t guaranteed, I think the developers are still ironing out some bugs and adding final touches to the design. But it’s definitely nearly ready for release.

Hope this helps

• Kieran
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Vaughan

Thanks for the update. Any clues if invoicing will be a confirmed feature? I’d like it integrate with Appointments if possible or even just being able to run a detailed export report from marketpress which had order number and appointments details would be useful. I can create my own invoice from that. Agree with the others on this thread though invoicing is a must.

Look forward to the upgrade! :slight_smile:

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @kieran,

After speaking with one of my colleagues, It looks like Printable invoices and also packing slips are certainly on the list for 3.0. If not 3.0 then definitely 3.1 at the latest. There’s a lot of new features in mp 3.0 that members have been asking for for a few years now, so it is definitely going to be one of our most progressive releases in a while.

Hope this helps

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

OH THANK GOD.

Also, take a look at this link:

http://www.3girlsholistic.com/all-green-shopping/natural-organic-skin-care/nourishing-cream/

My client would love to be able to have a membership type of thing going with products like this that customers use on an ongoing basis, like every 6 weeks they get sent a new bottle of moisturizer.

Basically, I know we can use membership and marketpress on the same site, but can we integrate em so you can do product memberships? And if not, will that be a feature soon? (I had asked about this a while ago for another client with http://miraclesformommy.com)

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Steph,

Could you possibly start a new thread in the features & feedback section for this, as it’s a new request, staff can then direct it to the proper ticket system for discussion then.

However, I will say, it’s most likely that at this time, any new requests unless they are not very complex will not be added to the 3.0 or 3.1 list at this time, as you can appreciate if we constantly keep adding new features to the release before it’s released, the plugin will never ever be released & at the moment we are focussing on getting the most requested and necessary features added and working for now, as those features have been missing for a few years now.

Hope this helps

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

Hi Steph,

I simply love the feature you have mentioned. This kind of thing would be awesome for wine clubs as well. I too would love to see this come to light. Please tag me on a new post if you do make the feature request as I would love to watch this being developed.

Ciaran

• Vince
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I whole heartedily agree with the need for this feature! I have spent days trying to find out if something like this is possible… seems like it is pretty common sense request.

So… is there a solution yet!! Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated…

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Just following up. I know that I’ve had some health issues and haven’t been active in quite some time.

It now appears that it’s been over 2 years since the simple request for formal/professional invoices and or packing slips be integrated with Marketpress. This is something that should have been implemented in the beginning IMHO.

However I see that it seems that many other projects appear to be more important…

Such as yet another WPMU dev re-design. Finally appears that the custom theme option is finally in beta.

But still why no fix for Marketpress?

My clients and I need to be able to sell stuff online and efficiently handle the various steps in processing these orders.

In Addition Still no version 3? Thought that was something that was just a few weeks away before my last trip to the hospital.

Anyway I surely hope that this will get completed soon as I’m on the mend and all potential clients are not happy with the lack of business minded features of the current version of Marketpress.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Thanks for your feedback here, Dean, and we’re all so sorry to hear you’ve been ill.

You are totally right. MarketPress 3.0 has been on the horizon for so long, I bet it looks like a unicorn from where you sit. I can tell you it’s never been a back-burner project since I was hired – it’s constantly being worked on. At this point, we know it had better be pretty darn magical after how long we’ve made you wait for it, and we are, sincerely, doing everything in our power to finally release it to all the members who’ve been wanting it for so long.

I wish I could say “MarketPress 3.0 will be release on x-date,” but I can’t at this point in time. It’s closer than it’s ever been, and if you can hang in with us for just a short time longer, I think we’ll knock your socks off.

Best wishes for a healthy and productive year, Dean.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.