Privacy and Domain Mapping Issue

When domain mapping enabled, the privacy plugin does not allow logged in users to access the front end of the site, nor super admins!

It all works fine without domain mapping.

Any ideas what might be the issue?

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Tim,

These are the settings we use for our test multisites. Network and on a mapped domain (where the back-end takes you to the mapped domain).

I have tried all the possible combinations but canNOT reproduce your issue.

Could you please check them again? A link to the site might help as well.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your time,

marikamitsos.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tim

Greetings from my WPMU DEV support desk!

Thank you for your post. I have to agree with marikamitsos. I haven’t been able to reproduce your problem. So would greatly appreciate if you can try the settings as on the screenshots that marikamitsos provided and see if the problem still persist when having these settings.

If the problem still persist it might be good to know what setup you’ve got, versions installed and what other plugins you’ve got running.

I look forward to receive your feedback and sorting this out for you.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• Tim Hyde
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No, I have exact same options.

I have disabled all plugins except privacy plugin. Then it works.

But as soon as a reinstate domain mapping pluign, the mapped domains block front end access to all users, no matter what option is set. Users can still access dashboard, but front end is blocked to all on mapped domains.

This is the case with just these 2 plugins active.

I do have this running on another site, and that seems to be working. The only main difference between the 2 setups is that one is apache (working) and the other nginx (not working). So I’m sure you’ll point the finger at the nginx setup, but everything else is happy.

Any suggestions?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tim

It might actually be the nginx setup. I’ve done some research and found that many domain mapping users using nginx are having problems with their setups. This being said, there should be a solution for this.

First off, I will give you some links with solutions that worked for others. I will also ask the Developer to pop in and give us suggestions or feedback.

http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/NGINX_Configuration_Tips

http://serverfault.com/questions/170353/wildcard-records-with-nginx-to-handle-custom-domains

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/17888/nginx-wordpress-multisite-rewrite-rules

Hope this is helpful and will get you on the right track so you can get this sorted.

Will revert back with feedback / and the Developer at the earliest.

Gina

• Tim Hyde

A little progress I think… I can get it to work if I have the domain mapping set so that Administration mapping is set to ‘mapped domain’ but does not work when set to ‘original domain’.

Domain mapping is working fine with my nginx config and I have the same setup working on several live sites and have supercache and all the other great stuff working well too. The only thing that isn’t working it seems is the privacy plugin, even when everything else is deactivated.

still digging…

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tim

Thank you for the feedback. You’re right about the digging part – very often it takes some digging to get to the root of the problem, but I’m glad that you’re making progress.

I will ask the Developers for Domain Mapping and Multisite Privacy to join our discussion so we can see if there’s any solutions they can offer to resolve this.

I will be in touch shortly.

Gina

• Tim Hyde

Thanks, but it looks like I might have fixed it!

I have no idea what I did (which is frustrating), but it does seem to be working now.

I have re-enabled all my plugins and still looking good, so I think you can leave this one for now.

Thanks for your help.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tim

Great news!

If you do figure out what made it work again, please let me know, so we can help other members that might have the same issue.

And don’t hesitate to be in touch should you need further support with any of our other plugins or themes.

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.