Privacy for site admin

I would like to setup a privacy page on my main webpage for all my user admin to upload their information for other user admin to view. I don’t want site visitor to view. Is there a way that I can do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chad,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This can be achieved with WordPress built-in "post status" feature. To do this, create your page or post and then in the "Publish" box click on "Edit" next to "Visibility" and select "Private".

A "Private" post is not shown to visitors (not-logged in users) and to any logged in users except those that have a user role set to "Administrator".

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chad!

I just re-ready your initial post and I feel that I missed an important part of it. I'm sorry for that!

What you asked for, is a page where admin-role users could upload info, while I focused on "privacy page" assuming that it would just be a page with some content that only admin-role uses could see.

The solution that I suggested would work in that case but this seems to be a bit more complex. I mean, it may work but a bit more complex setup may also be necessary. Let's then make that sure that I understand everything correctly first, please :slight_smile:

1. There should be a page that can be viewed/used only by registered users of your site that are have "Administrator" user role assigned
    2. You mentioned "Multisite privacy" so that's a Multisite setup so "Administrators" are admins of sub-sites/owners of sub-sites, is that right?
    3. Therefore these users should be able to access that page on your main site and a) view it b) add/upload some content to it
    4. Should it work via back-end or front end of your main site?
    5. What exactly do you mean by "upload": would that be some files that they should upload or just some information that they could provide by filling up some form?
    6. If it would be "information", should that be part of that user profile or should that be stored/processed in some different way?

Let me know please. It would be also great if you could add some simple example "use case scenario" to your replay. I believe I'll be able to give you better suggestions then :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.