Privacy Roles are not normaly respected

Hello

I use this plugin for a long time and it is very usefull.
Now, I'm using for more accurate fonction, and I just discover something not logical for the second proposition:

- if I check "I would like only logged in users to see my blog". , any subscriber, I mean all subscribers of the networks can see any blog. Ok why not.

- If I check "I would like only administrators of this blog, and network to see my blog." , that's clear, only administrator role can see the blog.

- If I check "I would like only logged in users who are registered subscribers to see my blog.", only subscriber role can see the blog. But not an editor role, or author role, or admin role. So that's strange. I would like have the choice to restrict all role users who are registered to that blog, and not only subscriber.
You know what I mean ? A subscriber registred may see the blog, but not the editor role registred of the same blog...

Can you fix this issue or tell me what line I should change please ?

I suppose that's about line 227 :
} else if ( isset( $_GET['privacy'] ) && $_GET['privacy'] == '3' ) {

Thanks for help if you can

• Timothy Bowers

Hey BlueEyes.

"I would like only logged in users who are registered subscribers to see my blog."

Within a network install, by default all users are not registered to all websites. So if you have an editor account on say blog1.domain.com that does not give you a role in blog2.domain.com

So switching the setting to:

I would like only logged in users who are registered subscribers to see my blog.

Would mean they need have a role with that sub website. A role in another website within the network does not count.

I hope this clarifies the option.

Take care.

• BlueEyes

Hello, thanks for your answer, Tim.

But I think you didn't understood me, I suppose because of my bad english.

I was speaking about a user for the SAME subdomaine. That's the bug.

So, the option :

I would like only logged in users who are registered subscribers to see my blog.

is crazy because only subscribers, and not others levels, have access.

In my example described, I meaned a subscriber from blog1.domain.com can see and acces to blog.
    But it's not normal that an editor from the same blog, registred may not. So I speak about an editor from blog1.domain.com may not access to blog1.domain.com...

• Timothy Bowers

That is odd indeed, I've just test this and it seems to work as expected.

Option set - I would like only logged in users who are registered subscribers to see my blog.
    Editor can access that site still for me.

I wonder if there is a conflict somewhere, perhaps a role editing plugin or something.

Can you please disable all your other plugins and revert back to the default Twenty Eleven theme then test again.

If the issue goes away then please re-activate each one, one at time until the issue comes back again. We will then have found our conflict.

You must do that for all plugins activate, all network plugins and even MU plugins as anything could be the cause of a conflict.

Can I also check which version of WordPress and the plugin are you?

Let me know how you get on.

• BlueEyes

Of course it's about last version of Wordpress and last version of everything (plugins or themes)

I really can't do what you say because this concern a network actually on production. But I will test it in same conditions and come back with that.

What can I say about conflict :

I use some plugins who play with role manager and restricted areas or roles.

Even without that I saw this strange way

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.