private area for registered users

can you suggest a way ( plugin)
to provide for individuals who are registered
to have their own private area of the wp site?
example:
client wants to have visitors pay for advice.
they pay a certain amount, and ask their question.
he answers the question on their own page, where they can go to see it.
they alone can go to this page,is private to them after they login they are directed to it.
They might have this page created automatically with their registration.
it seems to me there might be a plugin for this sort of thing.
any suggestions?
ed

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

Yes. I'm just evaluating a plugin for consulting with clients that provides a private members area for each client where they can send messages, access pages and documents and upload / download files.

You can create users manually or have they pay to join and access their private area.

Users are redirected to their private area immediately after login.

The plugin is WP-Client from wp-client.com.

I bought a trial license the other day and have started setting it up. I'm aiming to have that finished later today at which point you are more than welcome to log in and take a look around. There are a couple of other users here interested as well.

So far it looks like a pretty promising system with some nice features. Support from the developers seems very good too.

Check out wp-client.com and remind me if you haven't heard from me by this time tomorrow.

• jim_meyer
    • Syntax Hero

phillcoxon

If you notice on the WP-Client Software that when you use the setting to upload multiple files "which is flash based" the progress bar also done in flash, is not very eye appealing. I was wondering if there is an easy solution to make the progress bar in a more simple clean looking html format.

I'm getting close to releasing this to a client but I feel I can't with the unappealing progress bar.

Any ideas on this

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

My suggestion would be to put that to the developers to see if they can come up with an improvement. As yet I haven't tested that part of the functionality - I'll have a look a bit later.

Probably not something that clients would worry too much about when uploading files I would have thought (keeping in mind I haven't seen it yet :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there. WP-Client is one I've mentioned to people a few times as well.

If you don't mind users seeing each other questions then you could use our Q&A:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/qa-wordpress-questions-and-answers-plugin/

And protect it with our Membership plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

With a little customisation it probably wouldn't be hard to put in a little logic which would check the author id and is_admin so that only staff and the original poster can read the Question they asked along with answers.

Take care.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.