private classifieds & "Pending Review" status

I'm trying to understand what are private classifieds?
When, why and how do you use private classifieds?
I have noticed that after expired, classifieds become private. Why, and what am I supposed to do with it as admin (change it or leave it private)?

Although the following Capabilities Settings are checked for subscriber, the classifieds that became private are not displayed on subscriber "My Classifieds" page. Could you, please, explain the logic for that?

View private classifieds
Edit private classifieds

I have also noticed that classified that was edited by subscriber change status to "Pending Review". (I set only this stratus on general settings).
Also new classified gets status of "Pending Review".
The question is why subscriber doesn't see classifieds with status of "Pending Review" on "My Classifieds" page"?

• Patrick

Hi @nl2

When ads become "Private", only the user roles to which you have given the required capabilities can view, edit and delete them.

Ads that are set to "Private" can only be viewed in the back-end by the users with the required capabilities.

If you have set submitted ads to "Pending Review", if the user edits an ad after it has been published, it will revert back to pending until approved.

Ads with a status of "Pending Review" have not been published yet. Only ads that are "Published" will be displayed on the front-end.

• nl2

Hi Patrick,

Thank you, but still have questions...

Ads that are set to "Private" can only be viewed in the back-end by the users with the required capabilities.

Do you mean admin panel only (and not on "my classified" page)?
    Is that means that if I give subscriber capabilities of View private classifieds/ Edit private classifieds - but not permission to admin pannel - he won't be able to see private classifieds ?

When, why and how do you use private classifieds? Do you have examples? I can't think why should somebody needs it...

Beside after classifieds are expired, are there more cases that classifieds become private?

Naomi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.