Private Membership Levels

I spent most of the day installing and configuring the Membership plugin on my site. For the most part, it worked great, but I’m still encountering one small issue.

I would like to have three membership levels that get populated manually. I created both Subscription Plans and Access Levels for these three groups. I then activated the Subscription Plans and switched them to private. When I attempted to create a new user, the private levels were still showing up and I was able to register for them (which I do not want).

My guess is that I just misunderstood the language in the plugin. Is there a way to achieve this setting? If so, could somebody please offer me some direction?

Thanks in advance!

David

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello David,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I would like to have three membership levels that get populated manually. I created both Subscription Plans and Access Levels for these three groups. I then activated the Subscription Plans and switched them to private. When I attempted to create a new user, the private levels were still showing up and I was able to register for them (which I do not want).

Once you setup a subscription plan as private it should not be visible from the front end if a user is visiting your site but should be available to the admin if you are creating a user from the backend.

When I attempted to create a new user, the private levels were still showing up and I was able to register for them (which I do not want).

Can you please try it in a different browser or in an incognito window ?

Cheers, PC

• David
    • Flash Drive

I currently have two Subscriptions that are public and active. These are the only two that appear on the Register page. However, when you select the registration for one of these memberships, you have the ability to subscribe to my active but private Subscriptions.

• David
    • Flash Drive

This is resolved. After re-reading your post I decided to try in a different browser where I was completely logged out. This gave me the desired effect.

If you’re logged in as admin you will see all the subscriptions even if you are viewing it in Visitor mode.

That is where the confusion was! Thanks for your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.