Private Messaging conflict with BP Uploader

When Private Messages is activated on a site the BP Uploader for profile and group avatars stop working.

Testing on multiple default themes and got the same result.

Here is the error in the console: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'bp.Uploader.filesQueue.add')

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @jono_39

I hope you're having a great day!

Note that this particular plugin was not designed with any BuddyPress compatibility as it conflicts with the built-in BP messaging component if enabled (they both do the same thing). But it should work fine if the BP messaging component is disabled.

That said, simply activating the plugin really should not interfere with the avatar upload functionality in BuddyPress.

However, I can replicate the issue on my test site. So I've marked this as a bug and have notified the plugin developer so he can investigate.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @jono_39

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry we can not publish ETA here but its not very far (if there are no unexpected issues). I checked with developer, he said its in his to do list and will update the plugin with bug fix & other cool features real soon.

Please keep an eye on this thread for updates and also you will get notified via WPMUDEV dashboard plugin from updates section.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi, @jono_39.

I hope you are well today.

I'm still working on the bug. It seems like the bpUploader conflict with the WordPress Uploader(which PM uses for the quick send in the admin bar)

In the moment, to avoid it. We can remove the quick send in the admin bar. For doing this, please go to /private-messaging/messaging.php, line 303 you will see a line of code like this
    $this->global['admin_bar_notification'] = new Admin_Bar_Notification_Controller();
    Please change to
    //$this->global['admin_bar_notification'] = new Admin_Bar_Notification_Controller();

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@jono_39,

I hope you are well today.

I found that the bp-plupload.js is conflicting with wp-plupload.js(this file is necessary for the front uploader). When both files load in a page, it depends on which file loads first, it is broken. So example, the wp-plupload.js loaded in first, the BP Avatar upload is works fine, but then the WordPress uploader file will fail :slight_frown:. And vice versa.

I'm still working on this, i'm sorry for this inconvenience, and many thanks for your patience.
    Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.