Private Messaging not working - reply, compose, attachment buttons

The Private Messaging plugin is not working properly. Specifically, the reply button does not work and the attachment button does not work. Also, when trying to compose a new message the top part of the modal window gets cut off. The compose button appears not to work at all on smaller mobile devices. I have granted you access to my WP-Admin area for you to test and fix the problems. Please let me know when these problems are resolved. Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Francis,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site using support access that you granted and checked the "Private Messaging" settings. I wasn't able to observe any of the issues that you described but I feel I'm missing some important steps here.

I was logged in as an admin and checked the "Messaging" page of the dashboard. I suppose though this may be related to a bit more specific scenario so could you please:

- let me know if these issues affect all users regardless of their user role (e.g. admin, subscriber, editor) or selected user-roles only?
    - provide me with a brief "step by step" guide on what should I do exactly to fully replicate the issue on your (and then mine) site?

Let me know please and I'll be glad to work with you on this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Francis,

Thank you for your replay!

I was able now to check and confirm the issue. I can't see any errors though so I reviewed the site and I can see that there's a child theme of a Theme X used and also some plugins that make heavy use of JavaScripts (slider plugins, gallery etc).

This makes a full theme/plugin conflict test essential step so could you please perform it? To do this please follow steps described on a flowchart in this article (scroll the page down):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

This should let you identify if a theme or any of the plugins (and which one) is causing a conflict and knowing this I should be able (with some help from our developers if necessary) to find a solution for this.

Let me know about the result please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.