Private Profile

First off I love the new site and layout... which leads me on to...

How do you achieve a 'Private Profile' such as the new wpmudev one. Are there plugins out there that can help us create such customised Private Profiles rather than using the standard Wordpress Dashbaord?

Regards
Glennyboy

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there, thanks for the kind comments.

What you see there is custom, it isn't something we currently have available for download, sorry.

I suppose if you looked at something like BuddyPress for profiles that could work but its not private by default.

A little out of date but this could help:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-privacy/

1.6 beta of BuddyPress is out now though so worth checking compatibility there. I see in 1.6 your users can change who will see what of your custom fields so they can make anything private.

You can also enforce privacy on items or set defaults which can be changed.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings glennyboy,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings glennyboy,

Thank you for the additional question, it is appreciated.

If this is custom wpmu work, does anyone else know of anything else out there other than BuddyPress, which doesn't remotely cut it for similar functionality?

It is heavy custom WPMU Dev work from the original bbPress if memory servers me correctly.

I know of nothing like it elsewhere.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.