Pro Blogs (Supporter) 3.0 Beta 7 release

Hey guys, I know you've been waiting for this. I've attempted to fix all reported bugs from beta 2 in this release. I've also added a manual gateway and Pay To Blog module. Please test both.

I'd really appreciate you all testing the paypal gateway well for both paypal and CC checkouts as thats where bugs may still be hiding.

Hoping to get this released very soon guys, thanks for your help!

Note the old thread can be found here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/supporter-30-beta-release-help-us-test if you want to see a full list of new features.

UPDATE: Beta 7 here - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-blogs-supporter-30-beta-3-release#post-130518

• Aaron
    • CTO

It depends what modules you have enabled. They loose access to whatever the modules give, and they will be redirected to the checkout page until they click the dismiss link. Of course in the case of pay to blog there is no dismiss link.

It's installed in plugins and network activated. I recommend you read through the original thread for background.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hi aaron,

only thing i am noticing is - i selected a 30 day trial.. but it charged immediately for the monthly fee... how is this feature supposed to function... nowhere during the checkout did it say anything about a free trial.

gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

haha.. ya well i've done the obvious on pblgs-settings but i don't want to rename the the slug for the page because i assume the plugin would then be redirected to a page that does not exist when the user is trying to upgrade their blog and is sent to "pro-blog" by the plugin.. you know?

i mean i want to rename the slug which is part of the url they are sent to when upgrading... not the title of the page etc...

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@aaron

ok i have tested everything i can and everything is working as it should for me except the couple things below.. just to recap:

only things i am noticing is...

1.) i selected a 30 day trial.. but it charged immediately for the monthly fee... how is this feature supposed to function... nowhere during the checkout did it say anything about a free trial.

2.) the premium plugins i have set to "auto-activate" are not activating upon upgrade.

also.... is it possible to rename the "pro-blog" slug without messing everything up? if yes, how?

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

Just like before the free trial is given to new blogs when they are created.

OK - thanks.

As to plugin, are you sure the blog wasn't already on that level?

Ya - I'm sure.. this was happening before with previous beta as well. I'll try again...

Just edit the page.

OK - so renaming the slug on the edit page won't mess up the redirect to upgrade on first login etc?

Thanks Aaron.

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

For Premium Support, can't find it anywhere except the Problog settings page. What page would a subscriber go to for the support? It's not in the admin menu bar or dashboard. On the admin menu bar we have Premium Plugins and Themes but no mention of support.
    Thanks!

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Found a bug I believe: Installed beta3. When I create a new site (as Network Admin) everything looks like it goes as planned. Emails go out...etc. I go to view the site and get ERROR ESTABLISHING DATABASE CONNECTION. No site, no dashboard, nothing. Tried it 4 times with same result.

Deactivate Problogs and I can create sites like normal.

My ProBlogs set up is using 2 pay levels plus free. Using Modules - plugins, themes, premium support, XML-RPC, storage quotas. Paypal is not integrated at this time and not using free trial.

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Aaron, I do have the New Blog Templates plugin activated. I deactivated it, same result.

Deactivated the plugins one by one. No change. Took all network activated plugins off except problogs and set up a new site. Still doing the ERROR ESTABLISHING DATABASE CONNECTION.

The only other plugins active that I can't turn off are Multi-DB and Domain Mapping. I'm guessing it's a Mutli-DB issue for ProBlogs.

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Gina, Don't know how you can conclude it's a password issue. As I've said before, the error only happens with the ProBlogs plugin activated, deactivate and everything is fine. No problem with the Beta1, this started with Beta3.

Aaron, you can email if you want, don't want to hijack your thread.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@troy.. ya i thought about that after i clicked submit.. it is just the only time i have had or seen that error it was that type of issue... but it seems alot of people have had that error with wordpress tho if you check the google results. i haven't had any database issues with this beta.. i'm sure aaron will have a better idea of course. i bet it is the multi-db tho... good luck. :slight_smile:

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@aaron

when trying to do a "refund full" and "remove pro blog status" i got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProBlogs_Gateway_PayPalExpressPro::RefundTransaction() in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/pro-blogs/pro-blogs-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php on line 628

same response when unticking "remove pro blog status" and only doing "refund full"

"refund partial" and "remove pro blog status" returned this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProBlogs_Gateway_PayPalExpressPro::RefundTransaction() in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/pro-blogs/pro-blogs-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php on line 645

same response when unticking "remove pro blog status" and only doing "refund partial"

no problems doing "remove pro blog status" only.

i also noticed that unless you remove "pro blog status" from a blog before deleting it - it will not remove itself from the "Pro Blogs Statistics" page. what table in that info stored in so i can remove those that i didn't remove pro blog status from before i removed the site?

also i tested again to confirm that premium plugins were not activated on the new blogs template but i still had the same result with premium plugins not auto-activating. are these two plugins not going to play well together?

thanks aaron. the new beta is awesome! great work.

gina :slight_smile:

• Aaron
    • CTO

i also noticed that unless you remove "pro blog status" from a blog before deleting it - it will not remove itself from the "Pro Blogs Statistics" page. what table in that info stored in so i can remove those that i didn't remove pro blog status from before i removed the site?

There is no hook to catch the deletion unfortunately. You can't change daily stats, but can pull it out of wp_supporter_signup_stats and wp_supporters by blog_ID column. Really just deleting it from supporters table should be fine.

also i tested again to confirm that premium plugins were not activated on the new blogs template but i still had the same result with premium plugins not auto-activating. are these two plugins not going to play well together?

I've confirmed that autoactivating works fine for levels. I had to fix bugs in autoactivating anyone plugins for new blogs though. Note if you are using new blog templates it will wipe out any changes this plugin makes on new blogs. Same with any other plugin that affects new blogs on creation. NBT takes priority.

Deactivated the plugins one by one. No change. Took all network activated plugins off except problogs and set up a new site. Still doing the ERROR ESTABLISHING DATABASE CONNECTION.

I really doubt this is tied to Pro Blogs. More likely you don't have multidb configured correctly. A glance at you error log would tell you. If you create a handful of new blogs with no plugins installed, only multidb do they all work?

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

I really doubt this is tied to Pro Blogs. More likely you don't have multidb configured correctly. A glance at you error log would tell you. If you create a handful of new blogs with no plugins installed, only multidb do they all work?

I have no problem creating new blogs until I activate ProBlogs. Ran fine with ProBlogs Beta1. New version creates this problem. So it's obviously a problem with ProBlogs. I ran the move-blogs.php script and it's all green (good).

Have you tested this latest version with Multi-DB?

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Might have found where it's gone wrong. I installed the beta without having ever used Supporter. The original Supporter has special instructions for Multi-DB that I didn't do as it wasn't in the ProBlogs instructions.

From Supporter Instructions

If you are using Multi-DB:

* You need to add the global table lines to db-config.php BEFORE installing the Supporter plugin or running the sql.txt
    * Add these lines to your db-config.php if using multi-db:

add_global_table('supporters');
    add_global_table('supporter_signup_stats');
    add_global_table('supporter_daily_stats');
    add_global_table('supporter_ads');

* If the auto-install does not add/modify the db table(s) for you once you've installed the Supporter plugin then run the sql code in "upgrade_sql.txt" on your wpmu db

Do I need to do this with ProBlogs? If so, would it be ('supporters') or ('problogs')?
    Thanks

• Aaron
    • CTO

I have no problem creating new blogs until I activate ProBlogs.

Did you try a new blog with beta 4? Also with premium plugins module disabled?

Aaron, do you want me to send in my error_log?

I just want to see the table creation errors right after you create a new blog.

Do I need to do this with ProBlogs? I

You should, just as it says. Though beta 5 will rename the tables.

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Tried to paste it in here but the forum is messing up the plain text

I just want to see the table creation errors right after you create a new blog.

[22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Multiple primary key defined for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporters ADD PRIMARY KEY (blog_ID`) made by require, require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query
    [22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Duplicate key name 'blog_ID' for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporters ADD KEY blog_ID (blog_ID, level, expire) made by require, require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query
    [22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Multiple primary key defined for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporter_signup_stats ADD PRIMARY KEY (action_ID) made by require, require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query
    [22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Multiple primary key defined for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporter_daily_stats ADD PRIMARY KEY (id) made by require, require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query
    [22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Multiple primary key defined for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporters ADD PRIMARY KEY (blog_ID) made by require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query
    [22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Duplicate key name 'blog_ID' for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporters ADD KEY blog_ID (blog_ID, level, expire) made by require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query
    [22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Multiple primary key defined for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporter_signup_stats ADD PRIMARY KEY (action_ID) made by require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query
    [22-Aug-2011 21:23:57] WordPress database error Multiple primary key defined for query ALTER TABLE wp_supporter_daily_stats ADD PRIMARY KEY (id) made by require_once, require_once, require_once, include_once, ProBlogs->__construct, ProBlogs->install, dbDelta, m_wpdb->query`

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Uninstalled /deleted problogs. Added the code to db-config.php. Installed PB beta4. Before activating, I created a new blog. No problem. Activated beta4 and created a new blog. Error establishing connection to database.

The only step left if that doesn't work is (according to the supporter instructions)

If the auto-install does not add/modify the db table(s) for you once you've installed the Supporter plugin then run the sql code in "upgrade_sql.txt" on your wpmu db

Not sure how I'm supposed to run a txt file on a database, seems like I'll need more specific instructions

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Aaron, Yes, both sides.

I haven't done this part of the Supporter install as I'm not sure what to do.

////If the auto-install does not add/modify the db table(s) for you once you've installed the Supporter plugin then run the sql code in "upgrade_sql.txt" on your wpmu db////

Thanks again for your hard work this afternoon. Troy

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Aaron: I checked the tables in my database and they were not recreated (as far as I can tell) when I reinstalled. Yesterday we dropped them on the uninstall but they don't seem to have been brought back when the plugin was reinstalled. I managed to run the upgrade_sql.txt script on the database via myphpadmin but it failed because the tables weren't there.

• Lindon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Aaron,

Spent some time looking thru the comments/documentation, but I cant see an answer to my question, so here it is:

I'd really like to use the plug-in as a pay-to-blog interface, where if the customer pays they get all my sites plugins and themes. But I'd like to have a single initial payment and then on-going subscription, can I do this with supporter?

If not, then would it be difficult to add in?

regards
    LP

• vitorclaw
    • New Recruit

Hi, I'm triying to set the plugin (beta 4) in one of my websites but when I click on the checkout with paypal button I get the following error:

MarketPress: Problem contacting PayPal API - WP_Error::__set_state(array( 'errors' => array ( 'http_failure'

Any suggestions or workarounds?

• Aaron
    • CTO

I'd really like to use the plug-in as a pay-to-blog interface, where if the customer pays they get all my sites plugins and themes. But I'd like to have a single initial payment and then on-going subscription, can I do this with supporter?

Just enable the pay to blog module, that's what it does.

MarketPress: Problem contacting PayPal API - WP_Error::__set_state(array( 'errors' => array ( 'http_failure'

It would help to know the full error details from your log, your missing part of the error.

• vitorclaw
    • New Recruit

Hi Aaron, I'm sorry for that. Here's the complete error:

Warning: MarketPress: Problem contacting PayPal API - WP_Error::__set_state(array( 'errors' => array ( 'http_failure' => array ( 0 => 'Não há transportes HTTP disponíveis para completar o pedido solicitado.', ), ), 'error_data' => array ( ), )) in C:\wamp\www\delariva2\wp-content\plugins\pro-blogs\pro-blogs-files\gateways\gateway-paypal-express-pro.php on line 1878
    Call Stack
    #	Time	Memory	Function	Location
    1	0.0004	678152	{main}( )	..\index.php:0
    2	0.0008	683032	require( 'C:\wamp\www\delariva2\wp-blog-header.php' )	..\index.php:17
    3	1.0548	54761360	wp( )	..\wp-blog-header.php:14
    4	1.0548	54761488	WP->main( )	..\functions.php:1567
    5	1.0693	54800504	WP->query_posts( )	..\class-wp.php:501
    6	1.0694	54800640	WP_Query->query( )	..\class-wp.php:454
    7	1.0694	54801768	WP_Query->get_posts( )	..\query.php:2904
    8	1.0756	54828208	do_action_ref_array( )	..\query.php:1911
    9	1.0757	54829096	call_user_func_array ( )	..\plugin.php:486
    10	1.0757	54829176	ProBlogs->checkout_page_load( )	..\plugin.php:0
    11	1.0765	54830376	do_action( )	..\pro-blogs.php:633
    12	1.0765	54831768	call_user_func_array ( )	..\plugin.php:405
    13	1.0765	54831848	ProBlogs_Gateway_PayPalExpressPro->process_checkout( )	..\plugin.php:0
    14	1.0780	54834160	ProBlogs_Gateway_PayPalExpressPro->SetExpressCheckout( )	..\gateway-paypal-express-pro.php:715
    15	1.0832	54837600	ProBlogs_Gateway_PayPalExpressPro->api_call( )	..\gateway-paypal-express-pro.php:1626
    16	1.0860	54841840	trigger_error ( )	..\gateway-paypal-express-pro.php:1878
  • Aaron
    • CTO

Troy, can you try this for me?

Around line 86 change to:

//update install script if necessary
    		if ($this->get_setting('version') != $this->version) {
    			var_dump($this->get_setting('version'));var_dump($this->version);die;
    			$this->install();
    		}

And let me know what is printed when you create a new blog?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hey guys, try beta 5 now. No solution for multidb yet, but some new modules to test:
    - Post/Page Quota: Allows you to limit the number of posts and/or pages for selected Pro Site levels.
    - Unfilter HTML: Allows you provide the "unfiltered_html" permission to specific user types for selected Pro Site levels.

Also, everything was renamed to sites in this now, so you need to delete the old plugin and activate this new Pro Sites one.

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

@Aaron - Trying beta 5 and connection error is gone! Didn't run the code above as it appears to be OK. Do you still want me too?

New Bug: With unfiltered HTML checked I get
    Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/agejkl/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 733

• Aaron
    • CTO

should there be a quota box on here?

gina, that's the settings for the limit posts module. You need to enable and setup the quota module.

@Aaron - Trying beta 5 and connection error is gone! Didn't run the code above as it appears to be OK. Do you still want me too?

Really, you can create new blogs now?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Quotas are collective, not per time period (though we'll probably add post throttling in too soon).

Yes it's the same as page quota, because by default they both use the same capability, 'publish_pages'. Marketpress can be filtered though to use a custom permission set.

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Really, you can create new blogs now?

Yes, new registrations and as the admin. We did get supporter running (and removed) but problogs wouldn't let us register when it was put back on. Haven't tried beta 6 yet but 5 seems to have fixed the multi-db issue.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

aaron,

can you give us some more direction on how exactly to utilize these new features?

i attempted to set up a "free" level and just to test i set the product/page limit to 1 so i could see if it would allow more than 1 product/page.. and it did allow me to add over the limit.

what would be the ideal way to do the settings to set up the following example:

level 1 - FREE Shop - limited to 10 products/pages and 30 posts - no plugins
    level 2 - PRO Shop - unlimited products/page and posts - all plugins

thanks,
    gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

beta 6 is what i am testing and the new limiting posts/pages/products feature is what i am asking about.. it isn't limiting the free level to the selected number of posts/products/pages.

a free trial level does need to be selected in settings.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

ya this isn't working for me..

i created 2 levels now..

Pro - unlimited everything - set premium plugins to pro level only - marketpress set to auto-activate
    Starter - 30 free days - no plugins

i sign up a test account for starter level, activate account, go to dashboard and all the premium level plugins are available to activate and marketpress is auto-activated. i go to the test account url and it is a blank page.

gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

ok the issue with the premium plugins being accessible to start accts i figured out - it was a different plugin conflicting i think.. i don't know.. i just restored back to this morning.

but.. the blank page issue still exists.. :disappointed:

all sub sites created before the beta 6 are viewable but any new blogs are a blank page.

still testing.. trying to figure it out...

gina :slight_frown:

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

yes beta 6 does work with blog templates... i just tested it several times.. no issues..

only having issues now with post voting not working on front page...

@aaron.. the code Ve was having me use that was working previous to beta 6 was the following:

$content .= wdpv_get_vote_up_ms(true, $product->blog_id, $product->post_id);
    $content .= wdpv_get_vote_down_ms(true, $product->blog_id, $product->post_id);

was there anything renamed with beta 6 that would cause this to stop working?

thanks,
    gina

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

I haven't had time to check this one out since the first beta. So forgive me if this is an obvious question:

I heard that a free level comes by default. Is there any way NOT to offer a free level at all, and only offer several paid levels? And, if so, is there a way to keep people from accessing their admin area at all until they sign up for a paid level?

Thanks,

Mark

• poohnix
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I just started checking this beta (haven't tried it before beta 6), and I'm a bit confused about a couple of things...
    In the PayPal Express settings it says I have to manually enter my IPN URL in the settings in the PayPal account... why is that so?
    That conflicts to another web site system I'm using on another site, which also requires it to be set in my PayPal settings, which means I can't use this with the same PayPal account.
    I have several other web sites using both PayPal Express and Website Payments Pro, and since I've coded them myself I've set them to set the IPN URL in the call to PayPal, to eliminate the need to hard code it in the PayPal account. (The "NOTIFYURL" parameter.)
    Supporter 2.0 had this, why not this upgrade? (Without it, I can't use it.)

I also have a problem editing the checkout page which is created automatically... when I click "edit checkout page" I'm taken to the standard edit page screen... which is empty. Ok, so even if the default content isn't shown in the edit view, I'm supposed to be able to add content on top of it, but no matter what I put there, it's not shown on the page at all.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Because paypal is stupid! The notifyurl parameter is ignored in express checkout or pro substiptions. It only works for single shopping cart payments.

To get around this in our company we have a central site that receives all ipn notifications, and then forwards them to the proper site based on the custom field prefix. Support for this is built into the gateway, and I can share the firwader if you want it.

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

To get around this in our company we have a central site that receives all ipn notifications, and then forwards them to the proper site based on the custom field prefix. Support for this is built into the gateway, and I can share the firwader if you want it.

Yes please share this.

• poohnix

Oh.. Yes, PayPal are Stupid, that's no news. Didn't know that didn't work for subscriptions though - it has seemed to work for me, since I've been using subscriptions too, but the setup I have may have caused it to work anyway.
    That code would be great, if you can share it. (Been thinking about such a solution myself, and had something half set up once, but never implemented it fully.)

• conkhead

Do I have this correctly, that this "Pro Sites" plugin is going to replace both the current Supporter plugin *and* the Pay to Blog plugin? We just made the decision to drop free blogs on our upcoming site - it will be paid blogs only. But I am hesitant to use the current Pay to Blog plugin, as I like the control Supporter gives us over plugins and themes that are live to the users.

I've thought of hacking the current Supporter plugin so that all blog creators must pay (would not be too difficult); but if this new plugin does this, I'm wondering if I should wait. We're going live in four weeks; any idea when the first Pro Sites non-beta production version will be available? And is the current beta mature enough to actually use?

• magakrav

Has anybody experienced this yet with Beta 6?

Whenever changing a value in the "Settings" for example the free trial days - 500 internal server errors happen on the entire MS/MU Site? Also happens when I try to register and create a new site. After I click on the activation link on the email, I get another 500 error.

Some of the error logs indicate this:

mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 40 seconds
    Premature end of script headers: wp-activate.php
    (103)Software caused connection abort: mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request function

Changed setting from fcgid to cgi: here are the errors

Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper, referer: http://mysite.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=psts-settings
    Premature end of script headers: cgi_wrapper, referer: http://mysite.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=psts-settings

Spoke to our network admin to tweak our mod_fcgid -fcgid_ispcp.conf - fcgid.conf files to accommodate the extra memory needed but no dice.

System specs

Server : Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny13 with Suhosin-Patch mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0
    MySQL Version : 5.0.51a-24+lenny5
    PHP Version : 5.2.6-1+lenny13

• Aaron
    • CTO

So, I uninstall Beta6 and put Beta 5 back in. Now it's throwing the "Error establishing a database connection" when adding a new site. Just weird.

I think it was a fluke, because nothing changed that I think might affect it in beta 5 or 6.

Do I have this correctly, that this "Pro Sites" plugin is going to replace both the current Supporter plugin *and* the Pay to Blog plugin?

Yes, I would highly recommend setting up with Pro Sites. I'm going to have to build in backward compatibility for those who want to swtich from a live pay to blog install though, so best to start fresh if you can.

One thing I noticed though, is only 2 of my current plugins are listed under the Premium Plugins section. I have about 9 installed. May this just be an issue with the current beta?

It won't show network only or network activated plugins in the list.

No, the only thing I can think is a new way of saving the settings. Try commenting out this line 2778 and see if it helps:
    @array_walk_recursive($_POST['psts'], 'stripslashes'); //strip slashes

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@aaron, no errors.. just the code he gave me to insert within framemarket/library/marketpress.php to show voting arrows below each product on front page are no longer visible. it was working with beta 5 but not 6.

using modules:

advertising
    limit buddypress
    post/page quotas
    premium plugins, themes, support
    quota
    restrict xml

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Aaron,

Should I try this? Didn't do it since originally the B5 let me create sites.

Troy, can you try this for me?

Around line 86 change to:

//update install script if necessary
    if ($this->get_setting('version') != $this->version) {
    var_dump($this->get_setting('version'));var_dump($this->version);die;
    $this->install();
    }

And let me know what is printed when you create a new blog?

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hi aaron, i just tried deactivating pro-sites and they still don't show.. so i guess that is not it. i just assumed it was because it is the only thing i had done different before they stopped showing..

back to the drawing board.

thanks,
    gina

• asimetrick

Hi.

Back in early August, I posted a list of issues/concerns related to the plugin (beta 2 at that time): https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-pro-blogs-formerly-supporter. Some of them have not been addressed yet, so please let me post them again here with a few more.

Limit BuddyPress features settings
    There's still only a checkbox instead of a dropdown of levels for the features to be limited, so it's not possible yet to select the right level for the limitation. In my case, it's the second level so it's important.

Pro Site menu group
    The network admin menu group takes the place of the division between the Dashboard / BuddyPress section and the main section. It should be either in the first section just after BuddyPress or in the main section or even in a third section.
    Furthermore, the former Supporter icon of the admin menu was good because it was fully compliant with the WordPress design: black and white (or gray) when inactive and colored when active or on mouse over. I can live with an always green icon in network admin, but please come back to the compliant icon for the users in their blog admin.

Upgrade Page
    About a week ago, I had a conversation with Aaron on this topic: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/supporter-3-pro-blogs-upgrade-page. My understanding is that credit card payment through PayPal Pro requires the upgrade page be in the front-end instead of the back-end like with Supporter 2. I’m sorry, I insist, but since many people (like me) will still only use Express Checkout, would it be possible to have the option to keep that page in the back-end when PayPal Pro is not activated like it was before?

Multilingual purpose
    I had a discussion with Aaron about this purpose in the original topic. The fact is custom messages cannot be localized as they’re stored as options and they don’t use the gettext framework. So here is a list of filters that should be added in order to make the plugin l10n friendly.

- pro-sites.php line 507
    add_menu_page(apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), 'edit_pages', 'psts-checkout', array(&$this, 'checkout_redirect_page'), $this->plugin_url . 'images/plus.png', 3);
    - pro-sites.php line 523
    $wp_admin_bar->add_menu( array( 'id' => 'pro-blog' , 'title' => apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), 'href' => $checkout ) );
    - pro-sites.php line 567
    $id = wp_insert_post( array('post_title' => apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), 'post_status' => 'publish', 'post_type' => 'page', 'comment_status' => 'closed', 'ping_status' => 'closed', 'post_content' => stripslashes(get_site_option('supporter_message'))) );
    - pro-sites.php line 675
    $message = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $this->get_level_setting($this->get_level($blog_id), 'name'), apply_filters('psts_success_msg', $this->get_setting('success_msg')) );
    - pro-sites.php line 677
    wp_mail( get_blog_option($blog_id, 'admin_email'), apply_filters('psts_success_subject', $this->get_setting('success_subject')), $message );
    - pro-sites.php line 695
    $message = str_replace( 'PAYMENTINFO', apply_filters('psts_payment_info', $payment_info, $blog_id), apply_filters('psts_receipt_msg', $this->get_setting('receipt_msg')) );
    - pro-sites.php line 698
    wp_mail( get_blog_option($blog_id, 'admin_email'), apply_filters('psts_receipt_subject', $this->get_setting('receipt_subject')), $message );
    - pro-sites.php line 707
    $message = str_replace( 'ENDDATE', $end_date, apply_filters('psts_canceled_msg', $this->get_setting('canceled_msg')) );
    - pro-sites.php line 710
    wp_mail( get_blog_option($blog_id, 'admin_email'), apply_filters('psts_canceled_subject', $this->get_setting('canceled_subject')), $message );
    - pro-sites.php line 716
    $message = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $this->get_level_setting($this->get_level($blog_id), 'name'), apply_filters('psts_failed_msg', $this->get_setting('failed_msg')) );
    - pro-sites.php line 717 (please note bug fix by the way: use $message var)
    wp_mail( get_blog_option($blog_id, 'admin_email'), apply_filters('psts_failed_subject', $this->get_setting('failed_subject')), $message );
    - pro-sites.php line 1263
    $feature_message = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $this->get_level_setting($level, 'name', apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand'))), apply_filters('psts_feature_message', $this->get_setting('feature_message')) );
    - pro-sites.php line 1269
    if ($this->get_setting('show_signup') && !isset($_GET[urlencode(apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')))]) && !isset($_POST['psts_signed_up_override'])) {
    - pro-sites.php line 1272
    <label class="label"><?php echo apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')); ?></label>
    - pro-sites.php line 1273
    <?php echo apply_filters('psts_signup_message', $this->get_setting('signup_message')); ?>
    - pro-sites.php line 1286
    } else if (isset($_GET[urlencode(apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')))]) || isset($_POST['psts_signed_up_override'])) {
    - pro-sites.php line 1295
    if (isset($_GET[urlencode(apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')))]) || isset($_POST['psts_signed_up_override'])) {
    - pro-sites.php line 2817
    <br /><?php _e('You can force and hide the signup option by linking to the signup page like this: ', 'psts'); ?><em>wp-signup.php?<?php echo urlencode(apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand'))); ?>=1</em></td>
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 807
    $resArray = $this->ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus($profile_id, 'Cancel', sprintf(__('Your %1$s subscription has been modified. This previous subscription has been canceled, and your new subscription (%2$s) will begin on %3$s.', 'psts'), apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), $desc, $end_date) );
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 872
    $resArray = $this->ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus($profile_id, 'Cancel', sprintf(__('Your %s subscription has been modified. This previous subscription has been canceled.', 'psts'), apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand'))) );
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 1053
    $resArray = $this->ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus($profile_id, 'Cancel', sprintf(__('Your %1$s subscription has been modified. This previous subscription has been canceled, and your new subscription (%2$s) will begin on %3$s.', 'psts'), apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), $desc, $end_date) );
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 1110
    $resArray = $this->ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus($profile_id, 'Cancel', sprintf(__('Your %s subscription has been modified. This previous subscription has been canceled.', 'psts'), apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand'))) );
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 1193
    $content .= '<p>' . apply_filters('psts_pypl_thankyou', $psts->get_setting('pypl_thankyou')) . '</p>';
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 1209
    $resArray = $this->ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus($profile_id, 'Cancel', sprintf(__('Your %1$s subscription has been canceled. You should continue to have access until %2$s.', 'psts'), $current_site->site_name . ' ' . apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), $end_date));
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 1212
    $content .= '<div id="message" class="updated fade"><p>'.sprintf(__('Your %1$s subscription has been canceled. You should continue to have access until %2$s.', 'psts'), $current_site->site_name . ' ' . apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), $end_date).'</p></div>';
    - pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 1270
    $content .= '<p>'.sprintf(__('This blog should continue to have %1$s features until %2$s.', 'psts'), apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')), $end_date).'</p>';
    - pro-sites-files/modules/bulk-upgrades.php line 468
    $name = sprintf(__('%1$s %2$s %3$s Bulk Upgrade Credits', 'psts'), $credits, $current_site->site_name, apply_filters('psts_rebrand', $this->get_setting('rebrand')));
    - pro-sites-files/modules/ads.php line 48
    add_submenu_page('psts-checkout', apply_filters('psts_ads_name', $psts->get_setting('ads_name')), apply_filters('psts_ads_name', $psts->get_setting('ads_name')), 'manage_options', 'psts-ads', array(&$this, 'ads_page') );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/ads.php line 131
    $msg = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $name, apply_filters('psts_ads_message', $psts->get_setting('ads_message')) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/ads.php line 282
    <h2><?php echo apply_filters('psts_ads_name', $psts->get_setting('ads_name')); ?></h2>
    - pro-sites-files/modules/buddypress.php line 87
    $notice = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $psts->get_level_setting(1, 'name'), apply_filters('psts_bp_notice', $psts->get_setting('bp_notice')) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-plugins.php line 46
    add_submenu_page('psts-checkout', apply_filters('psts_pp_name', $psts->get_setting('pp_name')), apply_filters('psts_pp_name', $psts->get_setting('pp_name')), 'activate_plugins', 'premium-plugins', array(&$this, 'plugins_page_redirect') );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-plugins.php line 55
    $wp_admin_bar->add_menu( array( 'parent' => $parent, 'title' => apply_filters('psts_pp_name', $psts->get_setting('pp_name')), 'href' => admin_url('plugins.php') ) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-support.php line 20
    add_submenu_page('psts-checkout', apply_filters('psts_ps_name', $psts->get_setting('ps_name')), apply_filters('psts_ps_name', $psts->get_setting('ps_name')), 'edit_pages', 'premium-support', array(&$this, 'support_page') );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-support.php line 80
    <h2><?php echo apply_filters('psts_ps_name', $psts->get_setting('ps_name')); ?></h2>
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-support.php line 100
    <p><?php echo apply_filters('psts_ps_message', $psts->get_setting('ps_message')); ?></p>
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-support.php line 105
    $notice = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $psts->get_level_setting($psts->get_setting('ps_level', 1), 'name'), apply_filters('psts_ps_message', $psts->get_setting('ps_notice')) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-themes.php line 28
    $page = add_submenu_page('themes.php', apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name')), apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name')), 'switch_themes', 'premium-themes', array(&$this, 'themes_page') );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-themes.php line 32
    $page = add_submenu_page('psts-checkout', apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name')), apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name')), 'switch_themes', 'premium-themes', array(&$this, 'themes_page') );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-themes.php line 42
    $wp_admin_bar->add_menu( array( 'parent' => 'pro-blog', 'title' => apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name')), 'href' => admin_url('themes.php?page=premium-themes') ) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-themes.php line 43
    $wp_admin_bar->add_menu( array( 'parent' => 'themes', 'title' => apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name')), 'href' => admin_url('themes.php?page=premium-themes') ) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-themes.php line 110
    echo '<div class="updated fade"><p style="font-weight:bold;">'.sprintf(__('Be sure to check out our <a title="%s" href="themes.php?page=premium-themes">%s »</a>', 'psts'), apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name')), apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name'))).'</a></p></div>';
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-themes.php line 258
    $title = apply_filters('psts_pt_name', $psts->get_setting('pt_name', __('Premium Themes', 'psts')));
    - pro-sites-files/modules/premium-themes.php line 395
    $upgrade_notice = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $psts->get_level_setting($level, 'name'), apply_filters('psts_pt_text', $psts->get_setting('pt_text')) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/quota.php line 112
    $msg = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $name, apply_filters('psts_quota_message', $psts->get_setting('quota_message')) );
    - pro-sites-files/modules/quota.php line 125 (please note bug fix by the way: use 'quota_out_message')
    $msg = str_replace( 'LEVEL', $name, apply_filters('psts_quota_out_message', $psts->get_setting('quota_out_message')) );
    @Aaron: I'll send you the moded plugin as agreed with all those changes.

Thanks.

• magakrav

No, the only thing I can think is a new way of saving the settings. Try commenting out this line 2778 and see if it helps:
    @array_walk_recursive($_POST['psts'], 'stripslashes'); //strip slashes

No luck. Same 500 errors. Same error log output.

Any inputs?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Wow thanks for all those details. Unfortunately all those were purposfully skipped, sorry.

Limit BuddyPress features settings

It's not technically possible at the moment.

Pro Site menu group

That's really just your visual preferences. You can customize them if you like in your own site via a plugin.

Upgrade Page

No plans for that at the moment, sorry.

As to the filters, I appreciate the work, but it's a bit overkill. You can simply filter the 'psts_settings' site option via 'pre_site_option_psts_settings' filter.

• asimetrick

Thanks Aaron.

It's not technically possible at the moment.

Not good news. I definitely need to limit BuddyPress features for both free and first level of subscription. So I'll do something on my side and I’ll share it.

That's really just your visual preferences

Well, I won't argue on this point, but if WordPress admin visual is designed like this, I'd say we should comply with it, shouldn't we? V2's icon was good, why did you change it? If every plugin editor does the same, our admin menu bar will just become a permanent Christmas tree! Am I really the only one thinking like this?
    Anyway, there's sill the positioning issue of the network admin menu: it really currently replaces the WP division!

No plans for that at the moment, sorry.

Same as first point, I'll patch something. Just too bad I have to do it as long as it was in previous versions and as it made sense. One more time, am I really the only one thinking like this?

You can simply filter the 'psts_settings' site option via 'pre_site_option_psts_settings' filter

Well, as you know, that was my first thought, but it's finally not that simple. As all translations must be anyway included in every single option, the content cannot be always filtered, especially for setup. That's precisely why I selected with care the occurrences for the filters and leave all the others as is. So it may look overkill (20-30 new filters) but it's unfortunately not and it would be a great benefit for a minimum risk and a minimum effort. And one more time, it will spare me many hours of developing a non-trustful patch.

Thanks.

• asimetrick

@Aaron

I was thinking about your concern with the "overkill" list of filters. What do you think of the following alternative solution?

Add the following function to the ProSites class:

function get_filtered_setting($key, $default = null) {
        $settings = get_site_option( 'psts_settings' );
        return apply_filters( "psts_$key", isset($settings[$key]) ? $settings[$key] : $default );
    }

And call it instead of the 'get_setting' function at every place I mentioned.

If you prefer, the new function could also be like this:

$settings = apply_filters( 'psts_settings', get_site_option( 'psts_settings' ) );
        return isset($settings[$key]) ? $settings[$key] : $default;
    }

Or even like this:

$settings = apply_filters( 'psts_settings', get_site_option( 'psts_settings' ) );
        return apply_filters( "psts_$key", isset($settings[$key]) ? $settings[$key] : $default );
    }

Please let me know your thought. I can send you again the moded plugin accordingly if you’re okay.

Thanks.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@thinkmarketact

with the business account you currently have you are able to use the express checkout feature. you will just have to login to your paypal account and create your api credentials and your all set. in the prosite plugin settings it will require your api username, key and password. there is also info there about creating these credentials.

• thinkmarketact

@gina ahhhhhhhhh ya i have express then. i use it on a couple other sites. my bad.

so in a nutshell this is just a bigger and better supporter plugin right?

does anyone know when it will be out of beta?

i had it installed the other day and didnt like the sign up page. ( the one with squares with different packages)

is there anyway i could show the package description on hover or maybe a light box? or an option in the admin panel to resize the square to fit in the description?

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

i had it installed the other day and didnt like the sign up page. ( the one with squares with different packages)
    is there anyway i could show the package description on hover or maybe a light box? or an option in the admin panel to resize the square to fit in the description?

I was going to ask something similar...how hard is it to customize the signup page?

• Aaron
    • CTO

You can just add this to your themes functions.php file:
    add_theme_support( 'psts_style' );

Then you can style it however you want in your theme stylesheet. Note that it was INCREDIBLY hard to create a button grid that can show 3 options by an unlimited number of levels, along with all their prices. Good luck with that!

As far as package descriptions and such just edit the page, thats what it's for. Cool thing is as we use a front end page now you can even create or use your own page template for the ultimate in flexibility.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Just activated the plugin and changed a few settings...now I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_setting() on a non-object in /home/cusites/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/modules/unfiltered-html.php on line 25

Any ideas?

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

I've tried some test signups (and have set up PayPal properly). But when I click the PayPal button, I just get returned to the Pro Blogs page, or the action just times out. What could I be doing wrong?

Also, on the page listing the packages, the only description seems to be the title of the package. I think we'd have a much higher conversion rate if we could include an HTML description/blurb about each package.

Thanks,

Mark

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Also, on the page listing the packages, the only description seems to be the title of the package. I think we'd have a much higher conversion rate if we could include an HTML description/blurb about each package.

Thats a great idea. I thought the description was too limited as well.

• startrek
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm testing the beta 6 version. The plugin works very well, no problems with paypal. But when I try to activate some Premium Themes, I get this error message: "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lcahubco/public_html/borgmatrix.biz/wp-admin/admin-header.php:34) in /home/lcahubco/public_html/borgmatrix.biz/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 934"

But despite this error, the choosen theme was enabled.

• Aaron
    • CTO

You have to add your own descriptions by editing the page, it even says that in the settings page with a link to edit the page.

• Jeff Hoffman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I love how this is looking, so far... it's almost perfect for my needs.

Do you have any plans to add an Authorize.net gateway? If so, what kind of timeline am I looking at?

My goal is to launch my project in 60 days or so, just trying to figure out how much I'll have to code myself.

Thanks,
    Jeff

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Here's one nit-pick:

I think that, the more pages someone has to go through, the lower the chance of making a sale. I found one such example with this plugin.

In the Dashboard, it shows your upload quota and gives a nice suggestive sell ("Upgrade to xxx for xxx GB"). So when you click on that, it means you want to upgrade the current blog. But you're presented with a page where you have to select the name of the blog you want to upgrade. Even if you have only one blog, you still have to choose it. Even if you do have more than one blog, there still should be no need to choose, because the assumption is that you were in the Dashboard of Blog X and you clicked a link to upgrade the blog you were in.

So, in this case, I don't think it helps to force the user to select their blog to upgrade...whether or not they have multiple sites.

Mark

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

How are changes handled? For ease of discussion, let's say that Level 1 is $10/month, and Level 2 is $20/month. And let's say a user switches from 1 to 2 in mid-month. I assume that user would be charged an extra $5 (or so) at that point (pro-rated difference between the two)?

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Okay, I have PayPal working now. It was user error, sorry.

However, I see an issue:

When a user has recently subscribed and clicks the Pro Sites menu in their admin area, the subscription page only shows the available plans. It does not show the info about the user's subscription, etc. It takes some time for that to appear.

I wonder if this is because we are using caching (as so many people are)...and, since the subscription page is on the front end, it is affected by the caching? I'd love to find a solution for this, no matter what the cause is.

Is anyone else seeing this too?

Thanks,

Mark

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be caching (at least based on first testing).

• Michael Kimb

Hey guys :slight_smile: been giving this a whirl on a network, payments and everything work great, or seem to :wink:

I was wondering, I want to have the ability to sell packages like for pay-to-blog and groups of core plugins and themes BUT, and this is the kicker, I need to be able to sell plugins/themes on a per-item basis.

For example a user signs up for one of the packages, they get all they want APART from Gravity Forms, its £1 month for Gravity Forms - can this be done? Or will I have to use the OLD Upgrades system?

I tried it do this adding a new upgrade group but it obviously didn't work, any ideas?

• magakrav

Seems to be working for a lot of people... except me.

I am still unable to save the settings and whenever I try to, it reverts everything back to the default which basically erases all the fields I have set up. Also unchecks all the modules I have checked previously. I commented out line 2778 as advised by Aaron but no luck.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

• magakrav

@troykd

I'm using Beta 6 - I've also tested with betas 1,2,4,5 with the same result (1 and 2 just time out).

Disabled all plugins and mu-plugins. No success.

I also tried to install it in the mu-plugins folder same result - everything works well on subdomain sites I just can't reconfigure the settings without reverting everything back to default.

• Ton
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So, just to test out the functionality, I installed this on my site. When a regular member click on the menu and then plugins, it redirects to an error page with the message "Cheatin’ uh?"

I need to change this language. It's completely unacceptable to accuse my members of "cheatin'"

Where can I change this? Please, in future releases, do not include this language anywhere in the plugin. I run a site for professionals and this seems completely opposite of that.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

I need to change this language. It's completely unacceptable to accuse my members of "cheatin'"
    Where can I change this? Please, in future releases, do not include this language anywhere in the plugin. I run a site for professionals and this seems completely opposite of that.

I don't believe that phrase is in the plugin. I believe it's actually in WordPress. In fact, a quick search of the plugin folder shows no instances of this text, and a search of a clean WordPress download shows it 29 times.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Thanks, wpcdn. I apologize for accusing the WPMU DEV team of inserting this language into the plugin.
    What in the plugin that triggered this error?

No worries. I just happened to realize that I had seen this message in the past.

I've never figured out what triggers it, though. :slight_frown:

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

For example a user signs up for one of the packages, they get all they want APART from Gravity Forms, its £1 month for Gravity Forms - can this be done? Or will I have to use the OLD Upgrades system?

This would be really useful, as it could be used to persuade users to take the next level of membership if they begin to use separate plugins/themes at an extra £1 a time.

It's actually hard-coded in most admin WordPress pages when they're called by a user who doesn't have the required capabilities.

I think this is something that should be sorted out, especially with so many businesses using WordPress. Maybe a new simple plugin from wpmudev...

• Ton
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It's actually hard-coded in most admin WordPress pages when they're called by a user who doesn't have the required capabilities.

That's kind of silly.

But, why is this show to a user who's simply clicking on the Plugins link? Granted he's not yet a Pro member, but he shouldn't get an error anyway.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@wpcdn

How are changes handled? For ease of discussion, let's say that Level 1 is $10/month, and Level 2 is $20/month. And let's say a user switches from 1 to 2 in mid-month. I assume that user would be charged an extra $5 (or so) at that point (pro-rated difference between the two)?

from my testing it seems they will finish out the remaining days in the subscription price/plan and then on the next payment date it will be under the new payment plan choice.

I wonder if this is because we are using caching (as so many people are)...and, since the subscription page is on the front end, it is affected by the caching? I'd love to find a solution for this, no matter what the cause is.
    Is anyone else seeing this too?

i am not having this problem.

You have to add your own descriptions by editing the page, it even says that in the settings page with a link to edit the page.
    I'm just not seeing where to do this...sorry. Can you point me in the right direction?

it's under network admin: settings>pro sites> under "general settings" you will see "checkout page"

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Isn't this more a function of how paypal handles it than the plugin? For instance, if I'm not mistaken, if someone cancels, they have to go to paypal to do it.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

from my testing it seems they will finish out the remaining days in the subscription price/plan and then on the next payment date it will be under the new payment plan choice.

Yikes, I don't like that. I think users will expect changes to be effective immediately, just as they are with web hosting plans under WHMCS or similar systems.

it's under network admin: settings>pro sites> under "general settings" you will see "checkout page"

Oops, I just assumed that, since the plugin has its own menu with several items, that all relevant settings would be under that menu. :wink: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Mark

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Yikes, I don't like that. I think users will expect changes to be effective immediately, just as they are with web hosting plans under WHMCS or similar systems.

I agree. If I upgrade a service, I expect to have the upgraded service straight away. The danger is that if they can't get the servuice from me, they will just go somewhere else and not return.

• magakrav

Just tested on MultiDB 256 and 4096, does not save settings and reverts back to default.

When I remove MultiDB, and go to single DB site, I able use the plugin completely!

Have you guys been testing on sites with MultiDB? I tested on 2 different MultiDB configurations and I am getting the same thing.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@wpcdn - sorry - i misunderstood.. what i was referring to is when someone changes their subscription pay plan choice.. not upgrading to a different level. i apologize. for example if they are paying per month and want to change to paying yearly or quarterly.

as far as upgrading to a higher level of service - yes they do get immediate access as soon as they upgrade. so so sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

No problem :slight_smile:

• Aaron
    • CTO

So when you click on that, it means you want to upgrade the current blog. But you're presented with a page where you have to select the name of the blog you want to upgrade. Even if you have only one blog, you still have to choose it.

Whoops, it used to skip, a code change removed it though. Fixing...

Do you have any plans to add an Authorize.net gateway? If so, what kind of timeline am I looking at?

No plans for that at the moment. Not sure how powerful their subscription APIs are.

Actully it works by adjusting the next payment date, just like we do on DEV. It will take the prorated amount left, say $5, then apply that to the new plan amount to figure out how many days it's worth. Then their first payment of the new plan is scheduled for when that prorated amount runs out.

It all depends on payment method and how long PayPal takes to send the IPN. Usually its very fast. If you have front end full page caching it should no cache logged in user's anyway.

• Aaron
    • CTO

I need to be able to sell plugins/themes on a per-item basis.

Sorry, that's not what Pro Sites is designed for.

But, why is this show to a user who's simply clicking on the Plugins link? Granted he's not yet a Pro member, but he shouldn't get an error anyway.

Hey there, as they've said that's a WP error message, and will only be shown when something is bugging. In your case you need to enable the Plugins page in your network settings.

Just to clarify guys, this is the behavior if they are switching their payment TERM (same level, just 1/3/12 months). The behavior I described above is if they are upgrading their LEVEL, like from level 1 to level 2. Downgrading a level acts the same as a term change, they maintain thier level until their paid for time is up, then the next (lower) payment comes through and their level is dropped.

Q- Just to clarify...This beta already integrates with Membership plugin, right?

No, there is no membership tying code in Pro Sites (or old Supporter). I believe that there is a supporter module in membership, but it will need to be updated to work with the new Pro Sites.

BuddyPress 1.5 is about to be released this week. Will Pro Sites and all its modules comply with this new major release?

Yes

Re Multidb - We're still trying to sort out what wrong with multidb in this case. It is causing similar problems with other plugins too.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

as far as upgrading to a higher level of service - yes they do get immediate access as soon as they upgrade. so so sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's good, but to they get charged for it on a pro-rated basis? For example, if they upgrade a third of the way through a month, do they get charged two thirds of the difference between the two plans?

Sorry, I had not read all the posts above...saw the answer there.

• nacke81
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I can't believe I just found this plugin in beta ... it's exactly what I need and I love it!

Quick question ...

I can see in the plugin that the "post quota" has a single option to limit total posts to a specific number until someone subscribers to a specific level.

How hard would it be to change this feature to have multiple total posts limits associated my different subscription plans?

For example ... I want to be able to do it like this ...

Level 1 = 100 posts
    Level 2 = 200 posts
    Level 3 = 500 posts
    etc, etc ...

Are there any plans to develop in this direction? If not, would it be THAT HARD to change the code myself (or hire someone to do it) to allow this functionality?

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

ooooh that's a good idea. +1

This latest version of the plugin and it's working well for me. It's installed alongside Ultimate Facebook and so far it's performing nicely. A few things I'd like to know...

1. What's being done with the privacy settings on a site that is temporarily disabled?

2. Please add custom css and js textfields to the "pay to blog" section for the "disabled blog" page.

3. Is there an option to select a theme at signup coming to Pro Sites?

• nacke81
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm using the latest beta version too and it's working flawlessly. I'm really impressed with this plugin. I plan on integrating with paypal pro soon. Haven't heard a report on here from anyone using it, so I'll report back.

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

Well that's strange because all (non-network activated) plugins are showing up in the new admin for new blogs. ...but I haven't set any plugins for the premium plugin module yet. They are all still on the default "none". If none means no access then shouldn't they all be hidden?

Thanks Gina.

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @Aaron,

Just a heads up... occasionally admin pages are blank (white screen) then when I refresh the page everything is ok. It doesn't happen every-time and I'm not sure why it happens at all. when the page comes up blank the java console says "failed to load resources". again a refresh usually helps, any thoughts?

The only other plugin I'm using for this test is Ultimate Facebook.

Wordpress 3.2
    Pro Sites Beta 6

Thanks

• Aaron
    • CTO

They are all still on the default "none". If none means no access then shouldn't they all be hidden?

A super admin can see/enable them all.

Quick question about the old 'Upgrades' plugin - will this be killed off when ProSite comes out of beta?

Not really planning to kill it off, but it's really a mess and almost unusable requiring custom code and all that messy stuff. We'll probably just stop supporting it.

Just a heads up... occasionally admin pages are blank (white screen) then when I refresh the page everything is ok.

Sounds more like a server issue. Good to check your error log though just in case.

• ffdltd

Hey Aaron.

Great work on the new Beta!

I have a couple of suggestions that may improve the plug-in ready for the release.

First is showing the fact the user is on a trial in the users dashboard. This way the user can see how long is left, and also have a call to action to sign up before the trial ends. This way their site doesnt become disabled without them realising.

Secondly, I think that it would be good to show subscription information on the users dashboard, just so they know where they are at any time. The info is shown in the 'Pro Sites management' area so I guess its just a matter of that being specific to each user and displayed in a dashboard widget.

Cheers :slight_smile:

• Aaron
    • CTO

Any progress with getting multi-db plugin to work with this?

Still trying to figure this one out.

Has anyone tested what happens on a downgrade. If someone goes from a subscriber level back to free or a lower level and are using a paid level template and plugins... what happens?

What they don't have access to will be reverted/removed.

I have a couple of suggestions that may improve the plug-in ready for the release.

Good ideas! Especially the second one.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

First is showing the fact the user is on a trial in the users dashboard. This way the user can see how long is left, and also have a call to action to sign up before the trial ends. This way their site doesnt become disabled without them realising.

Secondly, I think that it would be good to show subscription information on the users dashboard, just so they know where they are at any time. The info is shown in the 'Pro Sites management' area so I guess its just a matter of that being specific to each user and displayed in a dashboard widget.

+1

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Has anyone tested what happens on a downgrade. If someone goes from a subscriber level back to free or a lower level and are using a paid level template and plugins... what happens?

What they don't have access to will be reverted/removed.

Ok, to run this full circle. The credit card bounces, the subscription stops. They come back and update the card and get a charge. Will the themes and plugins go back to the way they were or will they need to redo all again?

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

This latest version of the plugin and it's working well for me. It's installed alongside Ultimate Facebook and so far it's performing nicely. A few things I'd like to know...

1. What's being done with the privacy settings on a site that is temporarily disabled?
    2. Please add custom css and js textfields to the "pay to blog" section for the "disabled blog" page.

• ffdltd

This plug-in is working great so far. I am still testing, allowing a few days to pass for trials to expire etc.

One thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if it is suppose to be like this?? but today my test site trial period had expired, closing the site and admin area, but the user was not informed.

I think a nice addition would be to email the user once their trial period is over so they are aware and can subscribe.

I have set up an automessage after 22 days of the 30 day trial to remind them it is nearing the end of the trial, but if they forget then it could be disabled for a while before they subscribe.

Cheers!

• Aaron
    • CTO

Will the themes and plugins go back to the way they were or will they need to redo all again?

It will do the same thing as if they were checking out for that level new again (activate checked themes/plugins).

Not sure what you mean. Privacy is not changed. For search engines it returns a HTTP/1.1 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable header with a 1 day retry, so indexing shouldn't be harmed.

YOu can add it to the text field, or if you want more power you can create your own html template by naming it ptb-template.php and dropping it in your wp-content dir, it will load that instead of the message in that case.

No, that's really completely unrelated, though it would be a good idea for another plugin.

I think a nice addition would be to email the user once their trial period is over so they are aware and can subscribe.

That's a good idea, though the only way to trigger it is if something loads their blog, it couldn't be timed. Note in beta 7 i've added a notice at the top of the dashboard that tells them how many days are left in the trial period. Check it out.

• nacke81
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Very nice updates to this version! Nice work Aaron.

Do you still need testing of the paypal pro CC processing feature?

I think I'll have PPPro up and running mid next week for testing.

Also, have you thought any more about the posts quotas?

I'm really going to need that for my site. So just let me know what your plans are. I'll be hiring a programmer to create it if you're not already planning on it.

Thanks

• ffdltd

That's a good idea, though the only way to trigger it is if something loads their blog, it couldn't be timed. Note in beta 7 i've added a notice at the top of the dashboard that tells them how many days are left in the trial period. Check it out.

I'm no programmer, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but could it not work it out from the blog creation date (minus) the trial period number, that was set at the time the blog was created?

Also I still cant see an unsubscribe link. Maybe its due to my theme... Does anyone have an example page I can look it?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.