Pro features of WP smush pro not showing up.

I bought the pro version of WP smuch, and manually uploaded it to my wordpress site, but it's saying that I don't have access to the pro features. I deleted the free version as well, so I don't think that would be causing any conflicts.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @scarpenter1

Welcome to WPMU DEV Community :grinning:

In order to use the Pro version of the Smush Pro, please install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Once you activate the plugin, navigate from your Dashboard to WPMU DEV and login with your credentials. Once you login, the Smush Pro should be enabled.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I would just like to point out: If you discontinue your membership, then come back to it later on. Smush Pro doesn't change back from 'free trial' to 'pro' version instantly. I believe this is due to some timestamp checking on your revalidate?

I'll just like to point that out, as it can be a concern to try reinstall, but is probably fine (mine is working now). Perhaps it should recheck on activation of the plugin or have a check my "pro features" activation button?

• Dimitris
      • Support Star

Hey there Michael,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

These "pro features" are getting from your WPMUDEV API key which is connected via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin. As long as WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin is active and connected and you have a paid WPMUDEV membership, then Pro features should be used.

On top of this, there could be some caching involving, so clearing all caches may have some quicker results on this. For clearing browser cache, you can always advise this little handy website: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

If you're still experiencing issues, feel free to find us in our live chat support page here:
      https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

Warm regards,
      Dimitris

• Michael
        • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for your response. Yes, the plugin pro features are working fine for me, there was just an initial delay involved (hense my post above assuming it had a recheck timer or something). You are probably correct that it was rather my caching.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.