Pro Rate is not working on membership upgrade

I created an annual membership for $160 that would Cancel and Pro-Rate a weekly membership that charges $5/week. A user upgraded. The invoice showed a full bill for $160, but the description on the invoice actually showed $157.__
and we couldn't figure out why. I bet it's because it was trying to prorate the upgrade
but it didn't do it right and the user did not register fully – most likely because they didn't see any discount applied from their previous membership.
We are using Stripe as a recurring payment gateway.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there stripedrhino,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I inspected your setup and it seems that you haven't completed the setup successfully.
    Please keep in mind the Pro-Rate notice about multiple memberships:

When Multiple Memberships Add-on is enabled
    Only when you manually set the "Cancel and Pro-Rate" setting in the Upgrade Paths settings of the membership then the change is recognized as upgrade/downgrade. In this case the old membership is deactivated when the new subscription is created.
    If you do not set this option the default logic applies: The user can access the old membership for the duration he paid, even when he cancels earlier. So no Pro-Rating then.

Could you please edit the weekly membership and in the Upgrade Paths enable the annual membership?

Then please try to make another testing payment and see if the Pro-Rating is working good.

Looking forward to getting your results!
    Thank you,
    Dimitris

• stripedrhino
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Dimitris, thank you for taking the time to look through this. I am confused, however. The upgrade path should be from weekly to annual payments. Not from annual to weekly payments.

So in the Upgrade Paths section I have allowed "Members of Weekly Online Mat Classes (Paid Weekly) can subscribe" to the Annual membership. But why would an annual member want to pay more by going down to the Weekly member?

Anyway, here are the settings I have for the Annual member, which is what our user tried to do and it got all weird.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello stripedrhino

Hope you are doing well!

I apologize for the late reply in this thread. In case if members need to go from weekly to annual membership, please edit the Annual Membership and allow Weekly Membership members to subscribe to Annual Membership from Upgrade Path.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there stripedrhino,

hope you're doing well, appreciate the additional information on this and I'm really sorry for the frustration here.

The upgrade path should be from weekly to annual payments. Not from annual to weekly payments.

I'm really sorry about that. Now that I check this again and as mentioned before, only when you manually set the "Cancel and Pro-Rate" setting in the Upgrade Paths settings of the membership then the change is recognized as upgrade/downgrade. In this case, the old membership is deactivated when the new subscription is created.
    So you will need to have the following set-ups in the Upgrade paths:
    Weekly

Annually

Let me know how that goes, or if this is tested already.
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• stripedrhino

Dimitris I think you have this backwards... Annual members should not be allowed to downgrade to weekly members. Weekly members should be able to upgrade to annual members. This (based on the "Here you can define which members are allowed to")... it's set up to allow the weekly members to upgrade to annual, and disallow the annual members from downgrading to weekly. Right?

brad

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there stripedrhino

I'm really sorry for the miscommunication on this.
    I gave this another look and it seems that weekly membership is good, as it's denied to upgrade to the annual one:

The annual one should permit the upgrade path from the weekly one though, so please enable the following settings:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• stripedrhino

Dimitris Ok, I fully understand how the toggles work. I think there just happens to be many parallel memberships here so our communication is not as clear as it needs to be. But, I can assure you that the toggles for the memberships are correct. The point is that the ProRate is just simply not working.

In fact, I think Prathamesh Palve brought this to your attention on April 13 or April 14, but we ran a test where we purchased (not a test) a $5/weekly subscription, then went through all of the settings to make sure the toggles were correct, and then tried to upgrade (with ProRate) to a $7/weekly subscription, and instead of charging me $2 as expected it was going to charge me $6.45. Here's a screenshot of it (although I'm sure Prathamesh submitted our entire conversation that had a dozen screenshots or more) https://www.dropbox.com/s/26vndg113av75at/Screenshot%202019-04-14%2001.33.06.png?dl=0

There is already a test user set up, along with all login credentials, etc.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello stripedrhino,

hope you're doing well and please excuse my late response here.

I'm sorry for the frustration here, I first wanted to make sure that the upgrade paths were set correctly, as in your chat with Prathamesh you were testing other membership levels than the ones reported here.
    Having said that, I re-checked the chat you had with Prathamesh and after making some more research I could see another similar report made already to our developers about the Pro Rating add-on, so I also included in there the information I gathered from here. As long as there's any development on this, me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there stripedrhino !
    Hope you are doing well today!

Since this issue has already been escalated to our developers and we have been able to find a previous report similar to this, you can go ahead and cancel the test payments on your site. Once we have an update from our developers regarding this, me or one of colleagues will you know here. We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.