Pro Site account can't renew - price is missing

One of our subscribers is not able to renew a subscription. We are only offering one level and one term (month). We previously offered an annual subscription. This site had had an annual subscription. However, currently she is on a manual extension. I don't know if any of that matters. The monthly price is $29.99 but on her account page, the price is missing and when you "select plan" you checkout, there is no price.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @antKat, Michael here!

This would turn out to be a bug as well I'm afraid, but we do have a remedy available that can be tried.

(though, given that the member still has a bit of time left, this might be something we'd want to wait a short bit to implement, this would be up to you)

In the process of going through this, I found that when I deleted the entry for the site inside of the wp_pro_sites table (your site's database may have a different prefix, instead of having wp_), it effectively cleared the Pro Site status instantly, and allowed for a resubscription to be performed.

I would want to ensure that the subscription was cancelled inside of PayPal first, but would this be something you'd want to try?

Please advise,
    Michael

• antKat

Hi Michael,
    Last fall when I thought I had lost a license to provide websites to my customers, I cancelled ALL of the 250 subscriptions inside of PayPal. The mix was 1/3 annual and 2/3 monthly. Some sites are able to re-subscribe. It seems that this missing price is occurring for the previous annual subscribers. Note, based on the problems that we have had with the license, we are no longer offering the annual subscription and only a monthly if that matters but again the monthly is not showing or connecting to the current price.

I just got an email from another subscriber with the same problem - Site #164 Her site was already expired. I manually gave her another 30 days.

What is the bug that you found? Is it being fixed? Should I manually make changes to all of the sites that were cancelled inside PayPal?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @antKat, Michael here, hope you had a great weekend! :slight_smile:

As for what the issue is... on arriving to the Pro Site page initially, the system's trying to choose a level with a 12 month period, but since there isn't any, it comes up empty (even though the "Monthly" option looks to be selected initially).

A user would need to first select the "Quarterly" option for the level, and then select the "Monthly" option again, in order to see the monthly price.

The trick here is that we're presently hiding the "Quarterly" option, so users wouldn't be able to do that, not without unveiling the period selector.

As to what to do about it in the interim, yes, you'd want to manually make changes to the sites that were cancelled like this, in the fashion I mentioned in my prior post.

That should clear the slate for a re-subscription (as I had found in my own testing). :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.