pro site : active theme after payment

how to automatic active some premium theme for client after client payment

• Will Ashworth
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm not sure how everyone else on here might tackle this, but I'd have a payment hook happen after a successful transaction that does:

- add some kind of meta key/value to the user's account, stating they've paid and get the theme.
    - then in your theme, only show special "premium" theme visuals (via includes) if they have that meta key present.

If I were trying to do this via the themes area, that might get kind of hairy. I'd rather just have the main site theme active with a bunch of custom include options based on whether or not they've paid.

• Will Ashworth
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I don't, unfortunately, and it would be custom code to do what you want.

Does this need to be automated? Or, is this something you could maybe let them order, you see the order come through (paid), then go and make a SIMPLE change to their account to "enable" the special features?

A little more info and I can probably guide you in the right direction.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

We don't build in an "auto-activate" feature for themes on a pro-site level upgrade because you may have many themes available and most of the time a user would not want their theme to change automatically when upgrading or downgrading.

However, you can make specific themes automatically available at a level.

The other option would be to use New Blog Templates so that on signup a specific template (including themes, plugins, and settings) is applied. This would only be on signup though and would have no effect on future pro-site transactions.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• TMR
    • New Recruit

Why need auto-activete theme..

because i'm use ACF (Advanced Custom Fields plugin) design form for customer,
    and put ACF function on function.php on theme, if theme activate ACF function will work.

if pro-site can auto-activate plugin, can I put active theme function on plugin?

O_O

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.