Pro site and membership combination

I am having trouble wrapping my head around which plugins or combination of plugins I should be using and how to configure them to work in tandem.

I want to create a multisite where we allow companies to come in and buy their own sub-site. They then get to be site admin (if they choose) and add and setup content of their choosing. However, I want to have static content that is already published by me and allow them to buy up to higher levels of access and have that content turn on for their user base (employees).

I do not want them to be able to affect how the levels look or work nor do I want them to be able to remove my content.

Currently I have pro sites and membership installed but I seem to be stuck defining how the levels and subscriptions should be configured to get my idea to work.

Basically I am setting up a type of intranet CMS style site that I am hosting but they can still create pages and other content, but I do not want them to have real site admin capabilities. I don't want them to see the membership plugin or the eCommerce plugin.

Should I consider not making them site-admin? If not, what and how can I allow the non-admin user to create pages? How do I get membership to affect the entire user base(all employees) once the company buys up to a new level?

The plan right now is to have each employee have their own login but all of them would have the same access expect 1 or 2 that could create pages and upload content.

Regards,

Brian

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Brian,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

If you are using Pro sites and Membership, you'd need to use Membership on a sub site, as they'd conflict if they are both used on the main site.

By default if someone signs up for a site, they would be a site admin (for that site only), you are the super admin.

They could edit content on their site, but not your site.

You could then setup a demo site and use our new blog templates https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/ so they get all that content you created automatically on their new site, if that makes sense?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Brian

Hi Jack,

Okay, I get the idea about setting up Membership and the templates for the sub-site.

In my default template I would probably have 50 or so pages that would populate the site upon creation. How do I prevent the site-admin from deleting those? Also, since Membership is setup on the sub-site, how do I prevent the site-admin from altering how that functions?

While the default template would have 50 or so pages, I would have a couple hundred more that I intend to sell on an a la carte basis, is there a way for me to use Marketpress to turn on content once a user buys it without having to setup more levels in Membership? I sort of covered this in my questions you answered last week where I was asking for a central eCommerce repository. I have not quite worked out how the eCommerce idea would work with this, but somehow I need to be able to turn on individual pages for the company.

Also, would membership allow me to update all the users within the company to be able to access the new level the company has bought?

Regards,

Brian

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Brian,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question. Sorry about the delay.

By default someone that signs up for a site would be a admin, which means they could delete their own pages, but if you don't want this, we could look into the possibility of changing the default role to a lower level, so they don't have that capability, if that would work for you?

While the default template would have 50 or so pages, I would have a couple hundred more that I intend to sell on an a la carte basis, is there a way for me to use Marketpress to turn on content once a user buys it without having to setup more levels in Membership? I sort of covered this in my questions you answered last week where I was asking for a central eCommerce repository. I have not quite worked out how the eCommerce idea would work with this, but somehow I need to be able to turn on individual pages for the company.

Currently there isn't a system that would do this automatically, though that would make for a very interesting plugin :slight_smile:

At the moment, the nearest would be say limiting the quota of pages being able to be created using Pro sites, but then that would only give them a blank page and not a pre made page.

Also, would membership allow me to update all the users within the company to be able to access the new level the company has bought?

You can bulk upgrade users in batches of 20 :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.