Pro Site and New Blog Template

Hi,
It wil be very useful if New Blog Template works with pro site plugin. Pre Made Blog Templates can be easily assigned to Each Level at the sign up Easily. Please consider Integrating both the plugins.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Aatithyan,

Thanks for the feature request. This is something that has been on the road map for a little while. Would be an awesome integration :slight_smile: I've been wanting it even before I was staff here. The issue is that New Blog Templates is done during registration/sign up and a Pro Site level isn't chosen until after sign up.

With that said, there are a lot of changes coming to Pro Sites in the 3.5 update that involve a completely re-done checkout process. This will make a lot of progress on the integration between New Blog Templates and Pro Sites.

Thanks again for your interest in this!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Aatithyan,

Hope you are well today!

I just wanted to provide a possible alternative solution here so you aren't completely unable to provide templates for your users. I'm not sure whether this solution will work for your setup but here it goes anyway :slight_smile:

The solution:
    Block Pro Sites templates from showing up on sign up. So, any template that you have setup on just a default "free" level site will still show up at sign-up; however, any template set-up on a site that has any level of "Pro-Site" status will NOT show up on sign-up.

What this allows you to do: Still provide templates to your free users on sign-up. If they need "premium" features or Pro-Site only features then you can send them to a contact form that they can fill out and send to you so you can set up their premium site for them and use one of the hidden Pro-Site templates that you will still be able to see on the backend.

To set this up: You will need to add a line of code in your blog_templates.php file. Located plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatefiles/blog_templates.php. You should see this code around line 1000:

@include $theme_file;

You want to add this code directly above it:

$templates = apply_filters( 'nbt_signup_templates', $templates );

So, it will now look like this:

$templates = apply_filters( 'nbt_signup_templates', $templates );
    @include $theme_file;

Lastly, you will need to make use of the new filter you just added.

I have attached a custom plugin written by @Ignacio, our New Blog Templates Developer, that was intended for this exact purpose. In fact, he provided this alternative solution to me back before I was staff here :slight_smile:

Download the .zip and upload it through "Add New" plugins from your network dashboard. Make sure you've added the line of code above first then network activate this new plugin that will be called "Remove Pro Sites Templates (for New Blog Templates )" in your plugin listings.

Now, any template that is built on a Pro-Site level subsite will not show up in the sign up templates, but all templates built on a free level subsites, still will :slight_smile:

Hope this alternative solution will allow you to still make use of New Blog Templates until the full integration with Pro Sites gets added!

Let us know if you have any trouble implementing this. Always here to help!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.