Pro Site - Can I set horizontal levels of membership?

Hi,

I am building a site for English teachers and students.

I need new registrants to choose whether they are students or teachers. They are then given a role accordingly and also a free pro site.

The template of the pro site depends on their role. This means their is a specific template for teachers, including teacher portfolio pages and MarketPress, and a specific template for students, including learner portfolio pages, but excluding Marketpress.

Also, students can only upgrade to Pro Student and teachers can only upgrade to Pro Teacher.

Is this doable?
How can I...
1. set role on registration?
2. set template availability according to role?
3. have horizontal membership levels?

It would be awesome if anybody could give me some pointers.

Regards and thanks for being such a great community.
Deon

• Ash

Hello there

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can use our New Blog Template plugin to create several template based on different levels of Pro Site.

With Premium Plugin add on of pro sites, you can manage which plugin would be available in which pro sites level. So, you can control the availability of MarketPress plugin.

I don't think for this you don't need to assign role. But if you really want to assign role, then you may use a function is_pro_site. E.g.:

if(is_pro_site(BLOG_ID, LEVEL_ID)) {
    //assign role here
    }

Also, students can only upgrade to Pro Student and teachers can only upgrade to Pro Teacher.

Currently, this is not possible out of the box. All levels are open to all.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.