Pro Site isn't working correctly

Luís helped in me chat themes-and-design-1046-34 and we discovered that there is a deeper problem with my ProSites working with my website. He suggested I open a ticket. I can't find the chat archive to look up what exactly he said was happening, but I recall that he said there was trouble on my site because the ProSite is supposed to let people sign up for a site for free (a level in my ProSite) and this level allows them to post 3 items for sale for free. If they want to post more, they can upgrade to another level. This is not working correctly. Luís

• Luís

Hi Dawn ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Let me split this by parts, in order to explain all the issues I found:

1) Firstly, Pro Sites have an issue with Layers theme. By default the pricing table is not displayed in the checkout page. We need to edit this page, add a blank space (or add some text) and change the "Template" to "Blank Page". I already made this changes in your site, so, the Pro Sites checkout page (with the slug /pro-site) should be displayed properly.

2) I checked that you created a zero priced level and this will not work well, because Pro Sites will ask for payment and the gateways will not be able to handle with "zero price".

So, we will need to make an workaround, replacing the "Sign Up" button of that particular level with the link to the "free site" as suggested from my teammate Predrag in the below topic :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-you-show-a-free-pricing-table-like-on-edublog#post-989442

If you need help in this customization, please, let me know.

3) I checked in your pricing table that you have a different limit in the levels regarding to the products that the user can insert, however, with the "Post/Page Quotas" module of Pro Sites, this will not be possible.

This module allows to define a limit of posts (or products) that user can publish and a minimum level required to remove the quotas.

However, all the levels above that "minimum level" will have no limits. So, we can't define the limits by level, only a general limit and a "minimum level" to remove it.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Dawn

Luís I just got done following the instructions for #2 above (the link to the work around). It created the button, but the table appears strangely, and the free button we created isn't under the free site area.

Trying to understand #3 above, If I limited my levels to just 3 levels- free, some middle name, and a premium- would that work to allow me to list some number of products (say 20) for the middle level, and unlimited for the premium? So with the free level, this would be 3 levels.

• Luís

Hi Dawn ,

Regarding to the question 2, it was solved in the Live Chat, right? Just a note, I checked that you have "Pay to Blog" module enabled, so, if you want to use the Free site feature, this module needs to be disabled, because the module and Free site feature are incompatible.

Regarding to the question 3, I give a look in your settings and I would like to mention that, you can just use one limitation for all levels, i.e:

You have 3 levels: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3

You can define, users that have a site with Level 1 will only be able to publish 3 products, and the Level 2 will be the "minimum level" required to remove the limits.

So, sites with Level 2 and Level 3 will have no limits (or the limit you want to define). But this will be applied to Level 2 and all levels above.

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi Dawn ,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Regarding to your questions:

1)

I must be having a moment of total brain fog, because I just can't understand this. I need to have the 3 levels:
    Crafter: free, 3 products allowed
    Standard: $5, 30 products allowed
    Premium: $20, unlimited products allowed

Do I have it set up right to accomplish this? Is it able to be done?

Sorry for didn't explained well, I tried to mention that it's not possible to achive that using the "Post/Page Quotas" module of Pro Sites, because you can only define one limit of posts (or products) that user can publish and a minimum level required to remove the quotas.

So, if you want to limit 3 posts to the "Crafter" level, then "Standard" will be the "minimum level required to remove the quotas" (the next level above) and your levels will be:

Crafter: free, 3 products allowed
    Standard: $5, unlimited products allowed
    Premium: $20, unlimited products allowed

2)

And I'm back again. Sorry. I need help with #2 again. A new user can successfully register a site now using the free option, but on my end of things, it doesn't assign them a level. It just says "manage" where it should list their level (when viewed under "sites"). Can you help? Perhaps I missed something?

This is the correct behaviour. As Pro Sites was not designed to deal with zero priced levels, we made an workaround to display the level in the pricing tables of the checkout page, replacing the default button by the link of the default free level.

However, when a user register a "free site", it's not assigned any "pro level", it's why it says "manage" under the "Pro Site" column of the "Sites" section.

To assign the "Crafter" level (the free level you created under Pro Sites -> Levels) we need to edit the site and add it manually. Also, we will need to add a permanent access, otherwise Pro Sites will generate a payment date.

2.1) In the network admin panel, go to Sites and click in the "Manage" link of the desired site;

2.2) In the "Manual Extend Pro Sites Status" section, check the box "Permanent" and choose the Level (in your case "Crafter")

2.3) Click in the "Extend" button to apply the changes.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi Dawn ,

This will require a lot of custom code that it's beyond the scope of our Support forum.

I think it would be a great feature to the "Pro Sites" project, so, I would like to suggest to open a separate topic under our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/support#question

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

But, if this is a requirement to your website, I can also suggest to use our Jobs Board section and try find a skilled developer that can help you to achive your needs.

Cheers, Luís