Pro Site Level for New Blog Templates

Hi -
I know this has been asked and answered a variety of ways... but... here goes

I'd like to have a default Pro Sites Level for all sites created - manually created sites, system created sites, pro sites created, 3rd party created (Gravity Forms User Reg that creates subsite and attaches a Pro Sites subscription to it [based on template] - that's what I really want)

Ideally - and much preferred - would be to have a Pro Sites level associated with a New Blog Template ID.

can we get close to this?

• James Morris

Hello tripvendor,

I hope you are well today.

I've been looking into this issue a bit and I do not see a way this can be accomplished out of the box with New Blog Templates or Pro Sites. I'm able to copy over the content, settings and such, but not a default Pro Sites membership for the site.

I've spoken with the developer about this and the level of custom coding that would be required to accomplish this goes beyond normal support. Also, there's not much demand for such a feature.

If this is a feature you must have for your business, may I suggest you check out the Jobs & Pros board? There are many talented developers in the community here, and I'm sure there is someone who would be happy to take on this customization for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• tripvendor

Hi - thanks for the prompt and thoughtful reply. However I have to call BS on "there's not much demand for such a feature"

there are threads going back over 3 years about this... it would solve innumerable issues with Pro Sites not being setup for commercial business.

heck, the 'pay to blog' has been broken since June, with a hack fix issued just recently.

and since their isn't a link to 'feature' requests or 'ideas' from premium.wpmudev.org it isn't like users get a chance to vote on it

2 years ago I approached developers about this stuff and they said it could be done for $500. Also going back these years were threads with support personnel indicating the this type of thing was being worked on. So it is all down to an executive decision based on some faulty thinking to not develop this -- actually a second product is warranted since Pro Sites architecture is deeply flawed - lots of nice features sprinkled throughout, but it doesn't do what 'most' for-profit network managers need. When I visit many many live sites linked from threads - most of them don't work, have errors, or the workflow user experience..sucks. That indicates more than anything else.

It requires hiring a contract developer to make it work for most commonsense, desirable commercial applications - that should be on the sales page.

not sure if Farmer cares about this, apparently not.

Nice cute superhero graphics, hope you're having a wonderful day !

BTW - I won't be renewing my subscription I've had for over 5 years

• Luís

Hi tripvendor ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, I understand your opinion and frustrations, what you trying to achieve would be a great feature for the Pro Sites project.

The suggestions given by the members for our plugins are always taken into consideration and our developers are always working to improve them.

We hope you can change your opinion regarding to your subcription and continue being a WPMUDEV member.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.